Tuesday, February 24, 2009

RED, WHITE & BLUE BREAKFAST

First off, i have to apologize for not posting until tonight. The project I had to do for work took up all my time ~ as in I worked until 1230 last night and was up at 445 am. I am so glad this is the exception rather than the rule where i work. I promise to try to make my posts short with lots of great pictures.

I have to say today was an amazing food day with a lot of must have again eats. It actually had me thinking, wow, maybe i can do the whole vegan thing. It all started off with this amazing bowl of red, white & blue oats. My co-worker even said it was the best bowl of oatmeal she had ever seen J.

Photobucket

And up close ~ just looking at the picture makes me want it again.

Photobucket

Believe it or not i only included 3 strawberries, but, look how huge these are:

Photobucket

½ cup old fashioned oatmeal
½ cup water
2 tbsp wheat berries
1 tbsp ground flax seed
¼ cup blueberries
3 extra large strawberries
½ banana
1 Tbsp slivered almonds
1 tsp organic unsweetened coconut
Lite agave drizzle (about 1 tsp)

Mix together the first 4 ingredients and ½ the blueberries. Microwave 2 minutes, stir and add toppings.

My mid morning snack was a lemon bar ~ i love lara bars!

02/24/09 AM snack

2 comments:

  1. Rachel said...
    ok I'm not in the vegan/gluten free challenge but I support danica in what she does and usually the ginny pig for her new creations...I have to admit the red,white & blue breakfast was good. I tried it today but just used the instant quaker oats and added banana, blueberries & strawberries and I tell you what I will not eat oatmeal another way...thanks for the idea Danica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww ~ I feel so loved. Thanks for the nice comment, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete