Thursday, June 4, 2009

3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

My Aunt sent me this recipe today and I HAD to share it with you all. Who doesn't want to have a single serving chocolate cake that is ALL their own. I was sold when I saw chocolate chips.....This is definitely going on my list of MUST TRIES post Bikini Bootcamp!

3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

* Make it VEGAN by using Almond Breeze (heats better than soy), (Ener-G Egg Substitute, 1/2 banana, 1/4 c applesauce or 1 Tbsp Flaxmeal mix with 3 Tbsp water) and Vegan Chocolate chips!

1 large coffee mug (must be at least able to hold 2 cups)
4 Tablespoons flour (not self rising)
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in milk, oil – mix well
Add chocolate chips and vanilla – mix

Put mug in microwave and cook for 3 minutes (1000 watts)

Cake will rise over top of mug

Allow to cool a bit and tip out on plate or eat from mug.

8 comments:

  1. 3 minute chocolate cake? i'm speechless..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOU! i think my roomies and i just ate ourselves into a sampling coma :D DANICA YOU ARE SO AMAZINGLY SWEET! words cannot express how grateful i am to have such a great friend like you! thank you times a million for my TOTALLY awesome package! MWAH!

    *sidenote, gotta try this recipe, for the vegans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wait, do you use egg replacer or applesauce to replace the egg to make it vegan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's freaking awesome! I can't wait to try this :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny ~ I was too, so I had to quickly post it to share! Hmmmm, maybe I need to make The Husband sample it.

    Janetha ~ yeah - you got your B-day pack!!! So much for priority mail and you getting it close to on time LOL. Oh well, I am glad you LOVED it all - I had fun making it up for you.

    Hangry ~ do tell if you try it - I am intrigued.

    Janetha ~ In my rush, I forgot the egg sub, but, added it now. You will defintiely have to tell me if the vegans like it :D

    Anne ~ I wonder how it will take you to make it? Are you heading to the kitchen now :D LOL

    Jess ~ you are too cute!

    ReplyDelete