Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I better not be getting sick w/2 days to go!

I KNOW I am not getting a cold right BEFORE vacation?! I woke up this morning completely congested, achy and with a totally swollen face. I know my allergies are the reason for my face being swollen since I am allergic to grass, cats and dogs all of which were part of my mowing adventure last night. *sigh*

This morning was all about trying to “beat” my cold before I get one. I started off with my Neti Pot. My awesome friend Kirwin and her hubby swear by this and talked me into getting one last year. I had to admit – it does an amazing job at helping to relieve sinus pressure and clearing your sinuses.

IMG_7890

On my way to drop off my car for serving, I stopped at Jamba Juice to get a Cold Buster Smoothie with Immunity boost, Anti-Oxidant Boost and Vita Boost! Yes, this is ONE time I can totally justify having Orange Sherbert in the morning!

IMG_7892

My co-workers are sweet! They stalked me up with Ricola, Dayquil and something new I haven’t tried yet ~ Emergen-C.

IMG_7894

Now all I need is a little Echinacea Tea and I should be prepared to battle this cold BEFORE vacation!

Today is going to be a super busy work day, but, also a fun day ~ We are going to Sushi for lunch!!!! I hope my nose clears up so I can actually TASTE IT. If not, then, I’ll be having that fantastic soup I had before.

Quick recap for yesterday:

Calories burned: 2,870

Steps taken: 12,012

Happy Tuesday all! Tonight, I hope to have time to work on all the fun stuff I have planned for you all while I am on vacation. The excitement is driving me crazy – I want to share it ALL now, but, I have to wait so you have something to do while we are living it up in Vegas!

Catch you all later!

13 comments:

  1. Get better!!!!! Stay hydrated and rest. Ack you cannot get sick before Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and in BB, did you make all the salsas? I left cilantro out because I don't like it but I am hoping that doesn't throw the flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing all the right things, Danica! I know you'll wake up tomorrow and feel ALL BETTER.

    CG: on the salsas, feel free to leave out the cilantro if you don't care for the taste. I got tired of cilantro, so I quit adding it in and everything still worked without it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. feel better! i love the neti pot (it works wonders) and emergen c is great too. you should also try green tea, and i hear ginger is supposed to work amazingly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a netti pot on Oprah years ago and now I'm seeing them EVERYWHERE!!! Also, Go Jamba Juice!! I'll use any excuse for a JJ!!! :)
    -A

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am sending you get well vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like that jamba juice cup! it's so cute.

    get better-no being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ill keep my fingers cross for you that you dont' get sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you feel better. Jamba Juice is the cure-all in my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no. That happens to me all the time. Don't stress about it, and then you will be ok. Have an awesome time. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this cold blows over.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw sweetie i hope you feel better soon! I like airborne and cold-eeze for when I'm sick/about to get sick

    ReplyDelete
  12. C.G ~ Thanks, that is what I am doing - lots and lots of good for me fluid. You can leave the cilantro out - I don't think it will affect the flavor at all. I NEED to pop over and see how you are doing on BBC! Yeah!

    Angelea ~ Thanks for your vote of confidence, now can you just make it happen :D Thanks for answering C.G. for me since I've been too busy being sick and all.

    K ~ Thanks, I am trying.

    Steph ~ Thanks, I am adding those to my list too!

    A ~ So far my neti pot has done a great job at helping to clear things out especially when you have sinus pressure. Yeah for JJ - I totally agree!

    Janetha ~ thanks, I am catching them now!

    Amanda ~ funny about the cup, but, you are right, I LIKE their cups.

    Peanut Butter Swirl ~ thanks, I think it might be too late.

    Caitlin ~ good point - I need to get the JUMBO size next time.

    Kristi ~ Thanks, I guess it is better to get it out of the way BEFORE we go, right?! No stressing - focusing on getting better.

    Anne~ Thanks - I think I have both of those, I should go rummage our cabinets!

    ReplyDelete