Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The new Fridge is in....Show n Tell!

Ok ~ I can't take it! I can't wait to show you all the pictures of our new fridge! I had all the good intentions to wait until I had organized and stocked it up to show you the cool features, but, eh, that still hasn't happened tonight and probably will not until tomorrow.

Look how much fridge space THIS baby has!

Photobucket

I've never had a fridge that has all the bells and whistles complete with a digital system to tell you what is going on.

Photobucket

The water filtration system is INSIDE the fridge versus on the door - I LOVED that about this. Just open, fill up and go!

Photobucket

The door compartments are so cool. On the right side, there is this bin that you put your fresh fruit in - think apples, oranges and such. The door drawers have liners and everything pops out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, the bottom freezer has not one, but, TWO pull out drawers for organizing all my obsessions. The Husband says I am a freezer "ho" in that I freeze everything LOL - OMG it's so true if you all could only see our other freezer right now :) LOL

Photobucket

Oh and there is an ice maker in it too - LOVE that!

Photobucket

So ~ that's pretty much the grand tour of our new fridge ~ I am beyond excited if you can't tell! I will be stocking it up tomorrow and reorganizing things...maybe I'll share pictures of that too? Hmmmm....what do you think? The BEFORE pictures might scare you all LOL.

Since this is a FOOD blog, not a FRIDGE blog, I suppose I should get onto my eats. Lunch today was an eh, ok, salad. I LOVED that it called for 1/2 an avocado, but, that was about it.

Black Bean, Jicama, Tomato Salad w/Orange Cilantro Dressing

Photobucket

1/2 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
hadnful of organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 c chopped jicama
1/2 avocado, chopped
1 serving Orange-Cilantro Dressing
Sea Salt and Pepper to taste

This is one recipe I probably won't make again. For what it's worth, it did keep me full for 3 hours though. My afternoon snack was one of my favorite ALL time LOVES!

Photobucket

1 c lowfat greek yogurt
1 Tbsp TJ's Berry Blend
Big Drizzle VEGAN Honey (Agave Nectar)

I LOVE how thick lowfat greek yogurt is - you know it's thick when the berries do not even fall off the spoon when it's lifted.

Photobucket

Ok, so here is my question of the day. The Husband said we should buy a matching stove and possibly (KitchenAid for me!) to complete our set. He said we should do this as our 1 year anniversary gift. Now here is the kicker - I was like, hmmmmm, I need to think about that -it's not so romantic and I thought we'd do special stuff for each other. He of course said I get kitchen stuff which I LOVE and it makes me giddy and I get to cook for him which he LOVES. LOL

So, what do you all think? Should I agree to that and still do something small or should I scratch his idea because afterall it IS our very first wedding anniversary in November?

Since I somehow made this a long post too - I'll go ahead and save fun mail, dinner and more up next!

8 comments:

  1. I love the fridge!!!!

    I think you could eat do something cute like limit a gift to under X dollars and get creative for the paper anniversary. Plus I would just love the new appliances :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is one sweet fridge! So cool.

    I like that idea of the appliances--maybe you could do that and then also get each other something small that's inexpensive but really meaningful. You could get creative :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fridge envy! :)

    11 years after getting married and I have no idea what we did on our first annniversary...so maybe in the long run a stove isn't a bad idea. If you still live there, you'll probably still be using it! Definitely so for the Kitchen Aid.

    But I would definitely tell him that he has to do something romantic too. He's not off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I never knew a fridge could be so complex! I'm glad you finally got it! hehe

    OMG yogurt + raisins + honey = drooooooooooool! I'm in heaven just looking at that picture. YUUMMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME fridge. Have fun filling that baby up... I have a feeling that won't be TOO hard! ;)

    That yogurt mixture looks amazing. So yummy and summery!

    Hmm... I'd say to go with the kitchen appliances, but do something VERY small and inexpensive as well. Both of you could do something extra special for the other that is basically free. For example, a romantic night with candles, roses, and cooking a fun dinner together. It's not so much about presents and money as it is about being together and realizing how much you love each other and want to spend your entire LIVES together and celebrating that!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so envious of your refrigerator! I think guys aren't as sentimental as girls are when it comes to anniversaries - the appliance thing sounds like a great idea but maybe you guys could still do something special for each other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. *jealous* that is all. sigh!

    oh and i would go for the kitchen fixups. then you can make a romantic meal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. C.G ~ I LOVE new appliances too! Ohhhh, good idea with the paper - that could be so fun! He is really creative and would have a blast with that.

    Anne ~ I am IN LOVE with the Fridge entirely! It makes me want the matching stove now too :) LOL.

    Angelea ~ You are sooo funny about not remembering. Good point - this was we'd have something to remember :)

    Jess ~ I know - it's so "high-tech" LOL. You have to try the yogurt mix - it's perfect for a sugar craving.

    Health ~ I totally agree - a full fridge restock is required now :D Ohhh, I like the way you think - great idea. We could have fun with paper like C.G. mentioned and then make a fun night out of dinner with the simple things....You are absolutely right - who said celebrating "us" had to be expensive. Thanks for the idea love it!

    K ~ The Husband is actually more of a sap than me with that stuff. He gets really creative and makes things....I wish I could be as creative as him. It is true though about guys.

    Janetha ~ Ohhh - good point. I had not even thought of how it would be used to make the romantic meal. I was only thinking it's a stove and kitchen aid. I think I should get him a TV or something so he has an "appliance" too LOL.

    ReplyDelete