Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tropical Parfaits make my day when paired w/exciting news!

I woke up this morning refreshed and read to go after an awesome 8 hour sleep. Isn't it amazing how much a little sleep can improve your outlook on this. My day, week, YEAR was made this morning when I had the opportunity to conduct a super cool interview that I have been looking forward to for a week now! No worries, you all will see the write up next week sometime and I guarantee you will love it! I cannot wait to share all the great info I got today.

This morning I was really craving fruit and yogurt so I decided to use up some of the Mangoes I still have left from the Bikini Bootcamp challenge to make up a "Tropical Parfait". (Should've added pineapple too - next time!)

Photobucket

1 medium mango, chopped
1 banana, sliced
1/2 c TJ's 2 % greek yogurt
2 Tbsp Kashi Honey Almond Flax Crunch
Sprinkle of organic unsweetened coconut
Dashes of cinnamon
Drizzle of Sweet Cactus Dark Agave Syrup

Layers and layers of fun to eat!

Photobucket

Dark Agave Nectar is more like brown sugar - deep, rich and amazing on greek yogurt!

Photobucket

I made sure I got a little Mango Goodness + Banana + Agave Sweetness + crunch in every bite!

Photobucket

This was such a fun breakfast to eat that was dessert like ~ rich, creamy, sweet, crunchy and just plain YUM! It will definitely hold me over for hours with the protein and fiber so I shouldn't need a morning snack.

Today is the last day to win some Holey Donuts. Click HERE before it's too late!

Have a Terffic Thursday all ~ I am off to do Body Pump at lunch and find two more uses for that fabulous Southwestern Turkey that we had last night! See you all later!

10 comments:

  1. That *almost* looks too decadent for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that parfait looks awesome! i can't wait to hear about the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am lovin' that parfait - now all you need is some palm trees and the ocean and it would be perfection =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This parfait is calling my name for breakfast! So appealing :)

    Cheers!

    Gera

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hear more about that interview!

    WOW, seriously awesome mixture on that parfait. I have to say, greek yogurt is so magical! ;)

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niiiiiiice parfait! Kashi Crunch is the best cereal known to man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theangrydieter ~ The fruit is there to make it look healthier, right? :)

    Brandi ~ I am soooo excited to share the interview with you all. Now I just need to get it all typed up.

    Jenny ~ So true - can you send some my way?!

    Gera ~ You should definitely try it out!

    Heather ~ I absolutely agree - I LOVE Greek Yogurt -it makes every meal amazing!

    K ~ Kashi crunch rocks - it has such a crunchy, nutty flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. heck yeah a good night of sleep is worth a lot...seriously after a few nights of not great sleep I'd be willing to pay quite a bit for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm that parfait looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. RunToFinish ~ I totally get that! When I am run down, I'd pay just to have everything get done so I can sleep.

    April ~ The parfait was amazing - you should try it!

    ReplyDelete