Sunday, June 7, 2009

Grilled Bananas w/Caramel Sauce

My BBC Dessert tonight was fantastic and it only takes about 2 minutes or less to make. Simply preheat a nonstick "dry" (no oil or water) pan over medium heat. Add your banana that is sliced in half vertically and cook until blackened. While your banana cooks, heat 1 Tbsp of your favorite caramel sauce in the microwave for 10 seconds. Remove your banana and top with caramel.

Photobucket

This entire dessert is only 3 Weight Watchers Points - yahoo! I actually debated licking the plate.

The Husband tested out the 3 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake that I made for him today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Topped with some whipped cream that was left over from my guest post recipe!

Photobucket

The verdict ~ he liked it! I did try a small bite and it reminded me of a dark chocolate vitatop but with the density of a brownie/cake almost. I cooked it in a bowl instead of a cup because I didn't want it ot overflow. It was fun to make a cake in 4 minutes flat!

Ok all ~ 3 GIVEAWAYS to check out:

* Emily is having another MixIt Granola Giveaway ~ click HERE to check it out.
* C.G. Foodie is having a Goddes Giveaway ~ click HERE to check it out.

And last but not least, today is your last chance to enter to win a FREE Copy of the Bikinig Bootcamp Book. Click HERE for the details.

Have a great night all!

8 comments:

  1. Those desserts look amazing!! I really want to try the bananas, they look heavenly. Glad the quick cake worked out, too :) But I'm still drooling over those bananas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh what delish desserts =)! glad the hubby liked that cake- though i don't know how he couldn't.. i mean, look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bananas came out beautifully! Billy and I both decided that even just a WARM banana is a yummy treat on its own...so good. I was kind of hankering to put peanut butter on mine!

    Chocolate cake looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet your chocolate cake is cheaper than Vitatops!! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that banana business is bangin! yummm. i would have licked the plate. just sayin! and the choc cake looks better than i even imagined! i for sure need to whip it up. so simple. i bet i could add some protein powder to it too, i used to make something similar in the microwave ("protein brownie") but it was a little stale, this looks really moist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne ~ The banana dessert was seriously amazing - I am definitely having that ALL over again.

    Jenny ~ Yup - it's good - you NEED to try one - only 4 minutes total from start to finish....add peanut butter to it and YUM!

    Angelea ~ ohhhh peanut butter or almond butter would have been a fantastic addition.

    K ~ You are probably right :)

    Janetha ~ You can put caramel on anything and I'd probably lick the plate too. The cake was so easy to make and I think better when eaten warm all chocolately, melty and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I must try that banana dessert - it looks incredible! And it doesn't stick to the pan?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fatfighter ~ I used a nonstick pan and the banana came right out. I wonder how it would turn out with nonstick spray - maybe crispy? Hmmmm...it would be worth a try!

    ReplyDelete