Monday, June 1, 2009

I think I can open my own Mexican Food Place now...

This is going to be a FAST post because I STILL have to get in a circuit workout plus CORE workout and journal ~ whew! I am skipping out on my Honey Hair Spa Treatment tonight because it has Kiwi and I am allergic to it. Let me know if you all want to recipe and I will post it.

I gave Jicama another try this afternoon for snack ~ I had about 1 cup sprinkled with lime juice and a dash of sea salt.

Photobucket

I have to admit, it was actually a pretty tasty combination ~ maybe because it reminded me of margaritas :D

I stopped at Target tonight and found the absolute PERFECT for me journal. It's how I am going to feel AFTER Bikini Bootcamp.

Photobucket

I LOVE how all the pages have stars on them ~ that is how I will feel each day when I write in it ~ Like a star! LOL - ya, ok, I am corny.

Photobucket

I decided this morning that meditation and yoga are NOT the same without the soothing music. So, I made sure to pick up a "calming sea" CD that I plan on playing tomorrow morning.

Photobucket

I think that along with my scented oil and dimmed lights will set the beach mood. I thought I should show you all my cool Oil Aroma Thingy from The Body Shop since I didn't explain it too well this morning. I LOVE the smell of Mandarin Oranges and that is the scent I picked for my "senses".

Photobucket

You drop about 3-4 drops in this stone container and light the tea light candle below. Within 5 minutes, the whole room smells fabulous.

Photobucket

I was starving once again by the time I got home and decided to cook dinner/blog before doing workout #3 of the day. I LOVED everything about dinner tonight, but, I have to say it was a bit much to make it ALL. I think Angelea and I can officially open my own Mexican Food Restaraunt after making our dinners tonight!

** If you want any recipes, click HERE to go to the Mexican Fiesta Recipe Post.

We started out with 0 WWP Tortilla-less Tortilla Soup ~ it was delicious! I spiced it up a bit by adding chili powder, cumin and paprika to make it more tortilla soup like.

Photobucket

I LOVED the crunch of the Jicama and the creaminess of the avocado. It was filling on it's own.

Ok, are you ready for ALL this stuff I had to make just to make up Chicken Fajitas. Here it goes!

Black Beans ~ so easy and tasty, I will definitely make these again.

Photobucket

The Chicken Fajitas ~ I spiced them up by adding Veggie Terrain's Taco Seasoning (My FAVORITE seasoning EVER, but, I am sure you all know this by now).

Photobucket

Homemade Salsa Fresca, a.k.a., pico de gallo ~ I used Garlic Salt for the Sea Salt as the change from the book.

Photobucket

And finally, homemade Guacamole (with garlic salt for the sea salt).

Photobucket

These chicken fajitas are tortilla-less as well, you just pile it ALL up on your plate.

Photobucket

This was the actual serving that the book called for ~ crazy, huh? I couldn't finish it all as much as I wanted to! I had about 2/3's of it before giving it to The Husband to finish off.

Photobucket

Dessert is supposed to be a Fruit Kabob, but, I am not sure I'll be hungry enough. We will see how I feel after my workout. Speaking of workouts, I better get going if I am ever going to fit in my circuits and CORE.

Nite All ~ I promise a day 1 recap summary with my thoughts in the morning.

10 comments:

  1. MMM...You have inspired me for Taco Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those black beans look divine, and that guac - oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM your tortilla-less fijita looks so good! I am gonna go straight into the kitchen and start soaking some black beans to cook tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jicama looks really interesting! And I'd love the recipe for the tortilla soup-- it looks delicious!
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that food looks DELICIOUS! The recipe for tortilla soup would be wonderful!

    Where do you find jicama in the grocery store? Is it canned?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum, mexican food is always my fave :) and i LOVE jicama! i have a big one in my fridge right now. you know i love your recipes. post away :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobbi ~ Ohhh, I can't wait to see what you make now :)

    jd ~ I posted the recipes with a VEGAN option just for you!

    Lacey ~ You are so good! I was supposed to do that the night before and I forgot ~ hence the canned beans.

    Jane ~ Posted above for you!

    Anne ~ The Jicama is interesting. It's a great crunchy, slightly sweet addition to salads. Plain, eh, it's not bad. Posted the soup recipe above for you.

    K ~ I found it in the precut veggies section at my local grocery store. However, if you buy the root, it's brown and big and in the veggie section too. I think Whole Foods might carry it.

    Janetha ~ Fun - can't wait to see how you use your jicama. Posted them all above so now you just have to get to cooking :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM!!!! Danica! Your blog always makes me hungry!! hEhehe..

    I love love LOVE mexican food, and all of your creations looks amazingly delicious. If you have time, I would actually like to know the recipe for the tortilla less tortilla soup..=)

    You're husband is a lucky one! Not everyone can or will cook like you :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sonoma (Hiki) ~ LOL - glad, I can entice you! I agree with you mexican food is awesome especially when it's made healthy. I posted the tortilla-less soup on my next post - Mexican Fiesta and provided a link above. I told The Husband your comment and guess what - he agreed!!! :D He is spoiled. Thanks for commenting - I love hearing from you :)

    ReplyDelete