Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sick Eats…..

After I finished up work, picked up my car I came home to a quick dinner a la The Husband. He put together the perfect “sicky” meal for me with what we had in the house. I think that is one way you know you are sick – when soup sounds good and it’s 90+ degrees outside! He gets total brownie points for not only making dinner but taking pictures too - LOVE him!

Progresso Hearty Chicken with Rotini Pasta – I ate the WHOLE can which is rare. I am not a big canned soup fan, but, suddenly I was starved when I sat down.

IMG_7913

With some Bunny LOVE for crunch – Annie’s Organic Buttery Bunnies (think like Ritz crackers but in a cuter shape with good ingredients and fun to eat!)

IMG_7914

With 100% Vitamin C Apple Juice to help fight my cold!

IMG_7912

After this, I went to bed and slept and slept and slept. I think my body really needed that much sleep to break my 101 degree fever. I hate fevers because they leave you so achy and just plain ugh!

After 16 hours of sleep, I woke up starving and craving carbs. I started off with my Neti Pot. At first my nose refused to cooperate, but, it worked eventually and I really think it is helping to clear my sinuses. I fueled my body with what it was craving.

Cream of Wheat with a little whipped butter and brown sugar.

IMG_7916

A piece of The Husband’s Whole Grain White Bread with whipped butter because I was too lazy to go to the other freezer in the garage to get my bread.

IMG_7917

With some cold fighting Emergen-C (LOVE this stuff!), Organic Echinacea Tea plus a multi-vitamin.

IMG_7918

And lots of fluids.

IMG_7915

Yes I used a bottle of water because I don’t want to contaminate my Nathan or SIGG bottles with my sick germs. One time is, ok, right?!

Believe it or not, this actually took all my energy to make. Now I am off to sleep more because I HAVE to pack tonight for our trip tomorrow. Cold, cold, please go away and don’t come again any other day!

Catch you all later ~ not sure If I’ll start my vacation posts next or what not. I have some great guest posters lined up for you all starting tomorrow along with a few posts by me. I hope to pop in here and there to share some of our vegas stuff, but, if not, I’ll give you a full recap when we get back.

Happy Hump Day!

Question of the day: What do you crave most when you are sick?

9 comments:

  1. that is the perfect get well soon meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi. I eat miso and have spicy salmon-avocado rolls with lots of wasabi and ginger. That is my go-to sick food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG HUGS from me to you!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun, especially when traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... I hope that you miraculously feel 100% better by tomorrow morning!

    I'm wishing you a wonderful vacation - sick or not - have a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe you poor girl! i hope you get feeling better before your vacay! i will keep my fingers crossed for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw sweetie I hope you feel better. I crave pumpkin creations when I'm sick, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny ~ Thanks, it really hit the spot surprisingly!

    Danielle ~ Thanks!

    C.G ~ Ohhh - that sounds good!

    K ~ Thanks, I am trying - all that matters is that I am better by tomorrow!

    Julia ~ I know! I am hoping it all goes away by morning - wishful thinking?!

    jd ~ Thanks, good point. I am going to make a deal with myself to be positive and happy even if I am sick :)

    Janetha ~ Thanks, I am going to cross my fingers, toes and all. I am hoping now that my fever is gone it means I'll be on the getting better home stretch.

    Anne ~ Thanks ~ somehow I am not surprised you crave pumpkin :D

    ReplyDelete