Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Citrus ChickPea Salad

My Banana Swirl Parfait did a decent job at holding me over for about 3 hours....Then, I was STARVING! I knew that would happen since I forgot my fruit. Lucky for me I had a drawer stocked full of their healthy recommended snacks. I grabbed a 100 cal mini bag of popcorn ~ it was sooo good. Why have I waited so long to eat popcorn?!

Photobucket

Body Sculpt was so incredibly intense today at lunch that I just know I am going to be sore tomorrow for sure. I think she was seriously working us so we would have "Buns of Steel"!

I came back for lunch and I was really looking for to the "Citrus ChickPea Salad". It is 4 WWP for the ENTIRE dish.

Photobucket

1/2 can chickpeas
1 persian cucumber, sliced and quartered
1/2 cup organic heirloom cherry tomatoes
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste

** For future reference I would ADD 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar to boost the flavor.

I whipped it up last night after the Mexican Fiesta and let it marinate overnight.

Photobucket

All in all the flavor was not bad and I think if I had added the balsamic it would have been perfect! It was light and refreshing and would be good on a hot summer day.

I managed to hold out until 3:30 for my afternoon snack ~ 10 raw almonds and 1 Heaping Tbsp TJ's Berry Blend.

Photobucket

Tonight is going to be another busy one. Since I somehow managed to leave my CELL PHONE at the GYM ~ ugh! I have to track back after work to get it. Drop my co-worker off, head to the nephews baseball game, stop by the grocery store (forgot shrimp!), cook dinner plus dessert (I can't wait - it sounds so good!) and journal. I did take the gym up on their free fruit selection and grabbed an apple for later since I may need it.

Phew! See you all late tonight!

7 comments:

  1. Yum to the chickpeas! I haven't had them in a while and now I want them!! Good luck with your busy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free Fruit at the gym?! Sweet Action!

    100 Calorie Popcorn bags are my BFF! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made something similar to your waffle sandwiches, except I put yogurt, cherries, and blackberries on top and then a sprinkle of cinnamon! OMG puuuure heaven. I want to eat it all over again!

    Btw, glad you like my cake :) Now if I could just find a way to make it healthy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad looks awesome! I bet the flavors were really great together. That's a good idea to let it marinate overnight!

    That is so cool that you can get free fruit at the gym-- what a great and healthy idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your gym offers free fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that salad looks/sounds SO good but i know it would hurt my geographic tongue.. sigh, cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. K ~ I LOVE chickpeas and use them often as a meat substitute. You should check out the chick pea tacos (look up surprise tacos in the search)- they rock!

    Nutritios ~ LOL @ your BFF but after that snack, I totally get why.

    Jess ~ yeah for making a wafflewich - they are sooo easy and awesome. I am glad you liked it - yours sounds amazing. Do tell if you figure out how to make those fancy cakes healthy and be sure to share the recipes LOL

    Anne ~ I loved the salad because it only took like 5 minutes to make it and then I just grabbed it and left.

    C.G. ~ Me too - if they ever take the fruit away I'd be lost.

    Janetha ~ you just have to tell your tongue to get out of the way so you can enjoy some good eats.

    ReplyDelete