Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I put "fire" in my eggs!

I LOVE you all ~ Seriously! Even when I wasn't able to post, you STILL commented on my I can't post, post! Thanks, you all made my LONG day so much better! Before I hop into today, let me just quickly share my rockin' Body Bugg totals for yesterday ~ I am soooo proud!

Calories burned: 3,257 (woohoo! go me!)
Steps taken: 17,223 (I wonder how many miles I went all day!)
I didn't input calories but I know they fall into 1,200-1,500 as the entire Bikini BootCamp Book meals do.

Ok, onto today....I got up bright and early to fit in ALL my workouts this morning. I whipped out 60 minutes on the treadmill followed up by circuits, 10 minutes of meditation and 15 minutes on Sun Salutation Yoga. Can I just say I am soooo sore...The Husband laughs at me when I get up to walk anywhere.

I sipped on my Morning Burst (hot water plus lemon slices) while I got ready.

Photobucket

Today's BBC breakie called for hard boiled eggs with salsa. Is it just more or does that sound funky monkey?! Angelea followed the plan and I probably would have too if I got to use her super cute egg boiler! Instead, I took my eggs to a whole new level by add some "fire" to them!

Do you all remember when I won Julie GoLean's Big S Farms Salsa Giveaway? I've had my jar of "Fire on the Mountain" sitting on my counter just screaming for me to try it. Check it out - I LOVE the ingredient list - it's 100% clean with nothing funky added - you can recognize EVERY ingredient in the jar!

Photobucket

And who doesn't LOVE a salsa that has only 10 calories a serving!

Photobucket

I LOVE the chunkiness of the salsa.....It looks so fresh when you open it up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Salsa BELONGS with chips - especially Lundberg Sea Salt Rice Chips! So, to kick off the morning hours.......

Photobucket

The Husband tested it out for us! Ha ~ no, I didn't break my Bikini Bootcamp Challenge and I didn't have chips with salsa before noon. He LOVED the salsa with the chips while I ate it off the spoon (because I am a cave girl like that!). It has a nice spice, but, it's not so hot you cannot handle it. To me, it's the perfect like medium spice and you can really taste all the flavors in the salsa. I can tell they used a good quality tomato because there is a hint of sweetness to it.

I used my "Fire on the Mountain" salsa and mixed it in with 2 organic eggs and a little freshly made, Salsa Mexicana. You can click HERE for that recipe. All cooked up in a little non-stick cooking spray.

Photobucket

With a little more "Fire on the Mountain" salsa on the side.

Photobucket

I LOVE eggs with salsa! This breakfast kept me going ALL morning long through the delivery of our new fridge. Pictures coming soon! I did snack of a few of my Secret Bloggie AkMak Sesame Crackers on my drive into work. I am SO SAD that these are almost gone - I need to find them ASAP!

Photobucket

Coming up next, a few fridge pics plus my lunch and dinner recaps, fun mail and more!

5 comments:

  1. I found Ak Mak at Raleys/Nob Hill or Safeway!

    That salsa looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Ak Maks at TJs - not sure if you have one by you? I loved the chunkiness of that salsa too! You could actually see the ingredients, that's a plus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a ton of calories burned! Good job :D

    That egg dish looks fantastic! Eggs + salsa is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those eggs look SO FREAKING GOOD. for reals! im so having eggs tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C.G ~ Thanks - I am going to have to check out Safeway. I looked at Raley's the other day and they didn't have them...maybe I wasn't in the right section?

    K ~ We have TJ's...haven't you noticed my sick addiction to that amazing store :D LOL. It's true, you can totally recognize all the ingredients in the salsa.

    Anne ~ Thanks, I am really trying to feel the "burn" LOL.

    Janetha ~ Glad I can make you crave eggs :D LOL I LOVE salsa with eggs - so easy and so flavorful.

    ReplyDelete