Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Heart Wraps & Farmer's Markets & Shaved Ice & friends who send fun mail.....

Today is just a fantastic day and it's only Thursday! I LOVE days like that. Body Pump was so intense today because our instructor challenged us to add more weight. We added weight in the middle of sets - who does that?! LOL....One time when she asked I just stood there and she threw the guilt factor out of "if you want to get the most out of your bicep rows, you NEED to add more weight". I could see in the mirrors I was the ONLY one not doing that....maybe she was talking to me? hehe! Well - it was awesome and I left all shakey & pumped!

I was excited all day long to make up my planned wrap for lunch using the leftover Southwestern Turkey.

Photobucket

Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla
1 slice Sargento Lowfat Colby Cheese (these are only 1 Weight Watcher Point!)
Annie's Organic Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce
Jennie-O's Southwestern Turkey Breast
TJ's Fire Roasted Corn
AVOCADO
Red Bell Pepper

So amazing!!! I LOVE the sweet & spicy BBQ sauce that was cooled by the Avocado and smoked by the corn!

Photobucket

And cheesey goodness that I could TASTE! I only use cheese when I can taste it - why waste the calories/points if you can't tell it's even there.

Photobucket

I had the leftover salad with Newman's Lightened Up Lime Vinaigrette and 3 Miki's Organic Tortilla chips crushed for the crunch factor.

Photobucket

It was a fantastic lunch and it kept me full all afternoon. This afternoon I had a planned snack of an apple plus almond butter, however, I decided to trade it for a 100 Calorie (2 Weight Watcher Point) stick of Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate.

Oh and then there was the Farmer's Market! I scored some fantastic stuff today - everything is so in season - I LOVE it!

If you buy one fruit ORGANIC, BUY STRAWBERRIES! I promise this is the one fruit you can tell the most that it's organic - the flavor is outstanding! They taste sweeter and juicer than the pesticide filled versions. Try it and I think you will agree.

Photobucket

A mixed variety of white/yellow peaches, nectarines and PLUOTS!

Photobucket

2 types of cherries ~ I am sad that the guy said this is the last week :(

Photobucket

Check out how BIG these Rainier cherries are.....sitting on top of a pluot!

Photobucket

And since summer is officially here and it was blazing hot outside at 96 degrees, I got a small shaved ice. I am a total sucker for shaved ice - I LOVE it as much as I love froyo and ice cream. HOWEVER, I do think that the guy selling it is ripping people off! Can you believe that this mini cup was $2.25? I almost told him never mind when he said that. We can get HUGE cups of shaved ice around here for under $2 - It was good though with no nutritional value at all :D

Photobucket

The Husband got one of his gigantic Beef Sticks.....

Photobucket

When I got home, I had the coolest box ever waiting for me! Janetha sent me the coolest Thank You for her TJ's Birthday gift package.......PB& Co TRIO!

Photobucket

Not one, not two, but THREE flavors! White Chocolate Wonderful

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dark Chocolate Dreams

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the CUTEST card ever - I do not know which pooch I LOVE the most - they are all adorable!

Photobucket

I had thoughts of opening them ALL to sample but I had to show SOME self restraint. I am so pumped about ALL of these flavors since I was having serious PB evny from you all - they do not carry these in Cali out by me :( Now I get to play along - yeah! Thanks so much Janetha ~ You are the sweetest person ever and you seriously rock!!!

Ok....now I suppose I need to go figure out dinner! It's hard when it's SO hot outside. I am STILL thinking about the turkey and wraps and bbq ~ maybe a quesadilla is in order or just a BIG fruit salad.

QUESTION OF THE DAY: Which PB& Co flavor should I try first and what is your favorite way to have it?

You have just a few short hours to win some HOLEY DONUTS! Don't miss out on these fantastic healthy donuts. I guarantee from personal experience that they are as AMAZING as they look in the pictures if not better! Click HERE as the contest closes at midnight tonight!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Danica!
    It honestly feels so weird to write that because I've only ever met one other Danica in my life! Anyway, I just saw your blog and being name twins (hah) I HAD to check it out!
    Those fruits look fabulous and so does that package! I just bought a jar of WCW pb and didn't like it all that much (crazy I know, after hearing everyone rave about it) but try it and let me know how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like body pump was great! I love your wrap--the avocado looks fantastic. That's such a great idea to add a few corn chips to your salad--I'll have to remember that :)

    Great farmer's market finds! Oooh I love those PBs! I love the dark chocolate dreams. It's perfect on a vitatop, banana, or in greek yogurt/oatmeal. Basically, you can't go wrong. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The DCD seems to be a favorite in the blog world although I have yet to try it! The Cinn Raisin is FANTASTIC! YUM!

    All of you food pics look so fresh and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will LOVE those PBs, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you luck girl! i've been dying to try white chocolate wonderful and dark choc dreams - i would buy them myself but I'm not sure I would have any restraint!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the puppers on the card!! Hope you enjoy the PB - cinnamon raisin was my favorite!

    Mmm wraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaaay it arrived :D of course i had to thank you and you are lucky you said you hated wasabi peas or i would have sent some of those too ;) i have only tried the DCD actually, i am going to get some WCW. what i really want to find is mighty maple! but i hate raisins so thecinnamon swirl one will never hit these lips.

    loving the cheesy shot up there! yummm mexican

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving the different flavors from PB & Co. So far I have tried Cinnamon and Raisin and Dark Chocolate Dreams. I like to enjoy it on a piece of WW toast with a banana sliced on top.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i may have to come find you and steal those jars of pb.. just a warning =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Danica ~ Yeah for sharing the same name - so cool! Next week you will get to meet another Danica as she is guest posting on my blog :) You will definitely want to check it out.

    Anne ~ I LOVE putting crunch in my salad and just a few chips does the trick. Thanks for the ideas on the dark dreams - I NEED to try them.

    Nutritious ~ Thanks! I LOVE the cinn raisin too - tried it today for lunch - OMG - fantastic!

    Broccolihut - um, ya - I heart nut butters.

    Sarah ~ I know exactly what you mean - this is why I didn't open ALL jars at one time :)

    K ~ I am with you on the cinnamon raisin so far!

    Janetha ~ Thank you again!!! Ya, I would have had to ship those peas back to you :) LOL. I think might maple would be amazing too!

    CG ~ YUM - great idea, I need to try it with banana!

    Jenny ~ hehehehe...You know I thought of you when I opened the package, does that count?!

    ReplyDelete