Monday, June 8, 2009

We bought a new fridge, oh & more recipes!

I was not really looking forward to my snack because honestly 1/2 a cucumber (no matter how it is sliced) topped with lime juice and salt isn't going to fill me up, especially on my bottomless pitt hunger day.

Photobucket

I waited 15 minutes and I was still hungry, so I snacked on a few TJ's Organic Wheat & Flax Crackers. I LOVE these tasty little crackers. I had this x's 2.

Photobucket

The nutritionals are not too bad and I LOVE that they are fairly clean (you can recognize every ingredient!)

Photobucket

This snack did an excellent job holding me over until I ate dinner - 4 hours later. I was a nice wife and took The Husband dinner since he didn't have lunch and had to work late. Nope he didn't ask or mention it, but, I knew he was having a rough day so I thought I'd try to make it a little better.

When I got home, I wasn't feeling the FISH dinner that was planned for tonight. I swapped it out for last night's dinner ~ Sopa de Lima (Lime Soup) and Chicken Stir-Fry.

Sopa De Lima
Makes 4 servings, 0 Weight Watcher Points

Photobucket

1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1 large zucchini, chopped
2 large roma tomatoes, chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
Freshly ground pepper & salt to taste
1 32-oz chicken or veggie broth
4 limes, cut in half
Organic Unsweetened Coconut Shredds, optional

Heat the oil over medium heat and add all the veggies cooking until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the limes, pepper and broth just enough to cover the veggies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve with a sprinkle of coconut.

This is what it looks like before I covered it up with broth - so cool - I LOVED the lime addition.

Photobucket

I liked this soup - it really tastes like lime the longer you cook it. The coconut gave it a nice hit of sweet tropicalness (yes, it's a word!)

Chicken Stir-Fry over Cole Slaw Cabbage
Makes 1 gigantic serving, 8 Weight Watcher Points Each

1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 Tbsp peeled, minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small head broccoli, chopped with the stem peeled and cut into spears
4 small button mushrooms, sliced
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 Tbsp Trader Joe's Island Soyaki
4 Tbsp TJ's Organic Chicken Broth
1 4-5 oz chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup shredded cabbage cole slaw
Freshly ground pepper
Sriyachi Sauce, optional

Heat the oils in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger cooking for about 4-5 minutes. Add the veggies, broth, soyaki sauce and black pepper cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken and cook 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is done. Serve over cabbage mix and top with Sriyachi Sauce to add a little heat.

The recipe actually called for Napa Cabbage but I picked up this cole slaw blend since it had more color. For the photogenic quality :D

Photobucket

Topped with my BIG stirfry.

Photobucket

I felt like it needed more color - like red....enter my favorite Asian Hot Sauce Sriyachi.

Photobucket

All together this was an amazingly filling dinner for only 8 Weight Watcher Points! Dessert was a baked pear, but, I wasn't even hungry - finally!

Photobucket

After dinner, we headed out to check out new fridges. I am SOOOO BEYOND EXCITED to share with you the one we bought! We bought a Kenmore 2 door with the freezer on the bottom. Click HERE to check it out and scroll through the pictures to see the insides. It really made me feel better when I had to toss ALL our ice cream and froyo because they looked like this :(

Photobucket

I actually cannot believe we were able to salvage about 2/3 of the stuff in our freezer. I guess having it all packed together keeps it cool for awhile. We have officially stuffed our other freezer so I am sure I won't be able to find anything now :D Our new fridge comes on Wednesday - yahoo!!! I'll be sure to take more pictures to show you all up close.

Alright ~ 5 AM is going to come super early so I need to get....but, before I go, here are a couple of giveaways you NEED to check out.

* Jenny is having her 300th post celebration giveaway - Click HERE to check it out.
* FatFighter TV is having a super cool Kernel Popcorn giveaway - Click HERE to check it out.

12 comments:

  1. That is my favorite hot sauce too! It makes everything taste better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so nice of you to take the husband dinner! It looks incredible. You have some truly awesome meals! That lime does sound like a great soup addition--I'd never think of that :D

    I'm glad you could save a lot of the stuff in your freezer. Yay for the new fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the new fridge!! My grandparents used to have the freezer in the bottom kind as well and I always loved it!

    So proud of all you got done today. Bootcamp Day 8 is outta here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE freezers on the bottom! Reminds me of Giada!!

    Hope your AM wake up call wasn't too brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new fridge!

    You are doing so great with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those TJ's crackers look so delicious! I'm always so jealous when I hear about all the goodies from TJ's. There isn't one ANYWHERE near me!

    OMG, LOVING the new fridge! Almost makes you glad your old one went out on you. ;)

    Good luck on the early morning wakeup!

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. the soup looks fabu! i copied the recipe in to my little book to try

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks so much for the shout out Danica! you got your extra entry =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOHOO! new fridge! that is so exciting! haha i get really giddy about kitchen things, can you tell?? ohh and i spy with my eye some cock sauce! love that spicy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lacey ~ I couldn't agree more - I LOVE this sauce!

    Anne ~ I don't do it all the time, but, I know how I am when I haven't eaten. He didn't have lunch and had to work so late. It was worth the time to make his day.

    Angelea ~ I have never had a bottom freezer fridge but always thought it would be so cool. I will definitely let you know what I think.

    K ~ Ohhhh I like that - I need to remember that I am now officially going to be like Giada.

    Marisa ~ I LOVE you - my forever cheerleader - thanks!

    Health - you know I could always send you some TJ's stuff if you ever want it :) It's such an awesome store - they need to have one in every state!

    RunToFinish ~ Yeah, I made your little book! Do tell if you try it.

    Jenny ~ No problemo - ya for an extra entry.

    Janetha ~ I am the same way - I LOVE all new kitchen stuff no matter how big or small.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! Great recipes! Congrats on the new fridge. I loved it when I got my new one with water/ice on the door. I felt like a queen! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bev ~ Thanks, I absolutely LOVE my new fridge and am amazed that I cannot seem to fill it all up. that's a great feeling though for sure :)

    ReplyDelete