Friday, March 6, 2009

Berry Delicious Oatmeal

I was really looking forward to Yoga this morning because my legs/muscles were pretty sore and I LOVED how I have been feeling after. This morning I decided to try a new session from yogadownload.com and did the Lunar Flow#1. I was a little intimidated by the Deaf Man's Pose which I didn't manage to do. I did however successful perform a Plow and held it there! Somewhere along the way I lost my breathing technique and I really think that impacted my stress release from yoga. I think that when the instructor said that this session was better done at the end of the day, it somehow changed my mindset. I know, you are supposed to turn your brain off during yoga, but, I think indirectly it stuck in the back of my head. It could be sleep deprivation still, but, I just didn't feel the same relaxing at peace benefit this morning. I will give this session one more try at the end of a day and see if that changes.

For breakfast today I decided I have been missing my oats and almond butter. I made up a berry-licious bowl:

03/06/09 Berry Good Oats

In the mix:

1/2 cup Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup water
1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
2 Tbsp wheatberries
2 Tbsp Trader Joe's Berry Blend
dash of cinnamon

All microwaved for 2 minutes and topped with:

1/2 cup blueberries
2 sliced strawberries
2 Tsbp Trader Joe's Low Sugar Organic Apricot Preserves
1 tsp unsweetened organic coconut
1 Tbsp freshly ground almond butter

I was hungry again mid-morning and snacked on some grapes and some nuts.

03/06/09 Snack

5 days down, 2 to go......

Day 5 Vegan Week Recap ~ yesterday I woke up starving and pretty much stayed that way ALL day no matter what I ate. I tried to focus on adding more protein and satisfying foods throughout the day, however, I am sure having just a cupcake for snack may not have been the most filling. I guess some days are just like that, but, I am hoping today is better.

Calories burned: 3,148, Steps taken: 14,955
Calories consumed: 1,935 (the cupcake was STILL worth it)
9% protein, 58% carbs, 12% fat

We are going to a Vegan Restaraunt today for lunch ~ http://www.ubuntunapa.com/

Tell me if anything sounds good to you! Check back later for my review.

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good. I'm jealous. So can you figure out how to make some of those things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirwin ~ I was sooo thinking that. I think one of my quests will be to try to make chickpea fries. You know you may have to make that drive for lunch sometime with the kiddos too if needed :)

    ReplyDelete