Monday, March 23, 2009

Buckhorn's Grill ~ Portabella Buck

Today we decided to head out to eat for lunch versus going out for a run. (No worries, I'll find a way to make up for it later!) We went to Buckhorn Grill in Napa Valley and had the most amazing lunch. Who knew that a place known for their Tri Tip could have an amazing vegetable meal too!

This might be one of the best all veggie lunches I have ever had. We were both completely starved due to our inability to decide where to go beforehand lol. We pondered and pondered until we finally picked a place that we could eat at ASAP. I LOVE Buckhorn because the wait is never too long and you get the instant gratification of having your food delivered within 5 minutes of ordering. They give you these cute little cards after ordering ot mark your table. I liked being the Jack of Spades today :)

Photobucket

I ordered the Portabella Buck. It is "Marinated and grilled, served with lettuce, tomato, provolone cheese and Romesco sauce". I also had them add avocado because it makes EVERY sandwich rock. The Portabella had so much flavor from the mariande and you get the smokiness of having it grilled.

Portobella Mushroom Sandwich

I know I really should have picked a salad as my side, but, I found my mouth saying "Sweet Potato Fries, please!" Don't they look amazing!

Sweet Potato Fries

I pretty much devoured my sandwich ~ Their freshly baked bread is so good - crispy on the outside and doughy on the inside. Since we also wanted to make a stop at Whole Foods, I didn't have a chance to finish those fries. I had about 1/3 of them. So glad that shopping could save me a little on my calorie budget. Here is my entire plate all together.

Portobella Mushroom Sandwich

I scored some good deals at Whole Foods too that I am so excited about. Good eats+ some fun shopping makes going back to work not seem so bad.

Tonight I will be working on putting together everything for my very first product giveaway this week. Stay tuned for more details later on, I guarantee you won't want to miss it!

In case you didn't vote already, make sure you Vote on your favorite bake sale item!

No comments:

Post a Comment