Thursday, March 19, 2009

Purposeful Leftovers - Simple Roast Pork Loin

Tonight was a busy night in the kitchen. I cooked 2 dinners and baked two things - it was fun, but, phew, I am definitely ready for bed now.

For dinner, I grilled up some burgers for The Husband and my Mother In Law as she stopped by to see us. I made them home fries and grilled corn on the cobb. I wasn't feeling a burger since I had my awesome veggie burger for lunch, so I made myself a nice salad.

My salad

In the mix:

Romaine
Spinach
Red Bell Pepper
Cucumber
Green Onion
Carrots
Avocado (yum!)
Dry Roasted Peanuts
Trader Joe's Spicy Peanut Dressing

I stole a couple The Husband's home fries and had some corn on the cobb too. This was such a nice and light dinner after my heavier eats today.

Photobucket

I purposely made extra of everything tonight - extra burger and a huge salad. I also cooked up two Simply Roast Lean Pork Loins from cookinglight.com. This is a favorite recipe for us as you can eat it by itself one night and use the leftovers to make another meal (think tacos, etc) the next night. The Husband has to work nights beginning tomorrow so now he is completely stocked with eats he can just grab and go. I spoil him by making his life easy - he can just grab his protein and veggies, then, if need be supplement it with some mac & cheese, potatoes or what not. Here is how the pork loin turned out.

Simply Roasted Pork Loin

My meat eater (The Husband) of course already sampled it to make sure it was ok to eat - he's so funny!

This afternoon I snacked on the Morning Glory Muffin I bought at Gillwood's. It is one of the few full fat muffins that I feel is worth every calorie and point!

03/10/09 Gillwood's Morning Glory Muffin

Ok, onto the fun part of tonight, Bake Sale Trial #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment