Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Joy of Eating....

The Husband was craving one of his favorite sandwiches today so we decided to go to a cute local cafe called The Joy of Eating to get it. He LOVES their Sunrise Sandwich which consists of maple bacon, swiss cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato on their homemade sweet bread.

The Joy of Eating Sunrise Sandwich

I have to admit, it looks pretty darn tasty, but, I was so content with what I got. I had a cheesy avocado sandwich with fries. It is basically the same as above, but, without the bacon.

Joy of Eating Cheesy Avocado Sandwich

Since I decided to allow myself to have a day without rules and focusing on balancing what I am eating, I had fries with my fabulous sandwich.

The Fries

Afterwards, we decided to take a nice long walk along the bay and enjoy the sunny weather we are having.

We walked down this path until the end....

The Bay Walk

Check out the boats - how fun would it be to take one of these on the bay in the summer. They say it only takes like 40 minutes by boat and you can be at the Golden Gate.

The boats

And, since I am a huge fan of lighthouses, I couldn't resist taking this picture. It's cute!

The Lighthouse

We did pass some ducks along the way and I really wished I had some bread or crackers in my purse to feed them. I thought of my 1/2 eaten Lara Bar but somehow I think if I offered that up the ducks might attack :D lol.

It was a nice outing and break in our productive Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment