Monday, March 16, 2009

Protein Pancakes

This morning I woke up craving pancakes and decided to make one of my favorite quick/filling versions. I actually created this recipe when I was on the CORE program of Weight Watchers. I includes all CORE ingredients (with the exception of the maple flakes). I usually throw this on the stove to cook while I pack up The Husband and my lunches for the day.

You have the option of making this into one huge pancake, 2 medium size or 4 small ones - the choice is yours. I was pretty hungry this morning so I went for one big pancake.

Photobucket

Protein Pancakes

Makes 2 medium pancakes or 1 super huge pancake

½ c ff cottage cheese
½ c uncooked oatmeal (quick cooking or old fashioned)
1 egg
1 egg white
1-2 T ground flax seed
2 T maple flakes (could use agave or sucanat or brown sugar, etc)
Splash of vanilla extract
Dashes of cinnamon & salt

Blend everything together until smooth and creamy. I use my Magic Bullet and it only takes seconds. Cook on a skillet over medium heat (use ns cooking spray or 1 tsp oil) on both sides until browned (about 5 minutes total).

Serve up with your favorite toppings – pure maple syrup, fruit, almond butter, etc – the options are endless.

Nutritional information per serving, based on 2 servings:
Calories 195, Total Fat 5.2 g, Saturated Fat 1.0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g, Monounsaturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 106.3 mg, Sodium 255.7 mg, Potassium 49.5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g, Dietary Fiber 3.6 g, Sugars 2.7 g, Protein 15.4 g
WWP’s: 4

I had this fabulous pancake with a about 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup (heated in the microwave for 10 seconds). I love the flavor of the pure syrup and since I do not do any artificial sweetners, the Sugar Free Syrup is out for me. Served up with decaf Starbuck's Coffe and this was so delicious and filling. I am pretty sure I will not even need my AM snack.

Have a great Monday all! See you for lunch and another product review.

No comments:

Post a Comment