Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rock the vote!!!

Happy Thursday all! I am so glad we made it over the hump and that the weekend is almost here. I LOVE my weekends, I think that is what I live for all week long. Since we are having fabulous spring weather here today (it's going to be in the high 70's!), I decided to go with a light springtime breakfast. I also needed to finish off the other half of my mango.

I started off with some high fiber/protein Ezekiel Multi-Grain Bread topped with a little whipped butter. I LOVE whipped butter because it has less calories/fat than the non-whipped version but also for the ingredients. I like looking at the container and seeing 2 ingredients and I recognize them. Margarines scare me for the fact that I cannot say majority of the words on their ingredient list. Plus, I find I use less when I use the real deal because it has sooo much flavor.

Photobucket

Now that we had our butter vs margarine lesson we can move on lol.....I also made up another great smoothie and had some decaf Starbuck's coffee. I LOVE that work serves up Starbuck's and Pete's even if it is so strong I always water it down.

Photobucket

My smoothie included:

1/2 mango
1/2 banana
4 strawberries
1/4 c ff greek yogurt
4 ice cubes

This was the perfect light breakfast to start my day. I am fueled and ready to get a ton of things done today.

There are only 3 hours left to VOTE of the Bake Sale. Make your voice heard and don't miss out!

No comments:

Post a Comment