Monday, March 9, 2009

Just what I needed.....

Sunshine makes me so happy and getting out to run it as lunch is seriously one of the most refreshing things in life. I always feel so amazing when I return to work after a nice noontime stroll. We went another 4.45 miles today but I could've easily stayed outside longer. I wonder if work would mind me taking my computer outside to work ? :D It's just that beautiful of a day.

Last night I made up the side dish to go with my lunch, WW Portobello Spinach Couscous. I followed the recipe, except I used vegetable broth for the water to give it more flavor. The flavor is not bad, but, it is not as good as some of the other versions of couscous I've made in the past. I think it might taste better without the feta but I am also not a big fan of feta either.

Photobucket

For some protein, I had a Morning Star Chick Patty (toasted in the toaster) and topped with about 1 Tbsp Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. OMG! This just might be my favorite new thing - you will definitely see this combo again this week.

MS Chick Patty w/Roasted Red Pepper Hummus

And some of last night's greens on the side.

Greens

All together with some fizzy water and this lunch was super delish and filling. It really felt like I sat down and had a fancy meal when it only took minutes to put together. It really was just what I needed.

03/09/09 Lunch

Before our run today, I snacked on a banana and a Trader Joe's Lite String Cheese. Ohhhh, how I've missed cheese!

03/09/09 Snack

Be sure to check back tonight for the fun dinner we have planned. I have part of it cooking in the crockpot now as I typel.

No comments:

Post a Comment