Monday, April 27, 2009

Foil Wrapped Grilled Lemon/Tomato/Basil Tilapia

I had to work late tonight but that did NOT stop me from keeping my commitment to workout when I got home. It is completely crazy windy here today so I hopped on the treadmill for a killer HIIT's (High Intensity Interval Training) 32 m power walk/jog. The program changes hill grades and speed every 30 seconds - so imagine climbing up and down hills. It really got my legs and bootie burning which is definitely a good thing. I finished up with my mobility and body weight stretching exercises.

I needed something fast for dinner and I am so glad that tonight's dinner was easy, cheesy - 4 oz of my favorite fish plus a veggie plus milk. Here is what I decided to do with it.

Foil Wrapped Grilled Lemon/Tomato/Basil Tilapia

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spray your foil with nonstick spray for easy removal and top it as follows:

4 oz Tilapia
Trader Joe's 21 Spice Salute (love this stuff!)
1 lemon sliced - using slices & squeezing the other half over the fish
1 big chopped tomato
Sprinkled with sea salt & pepper
Sprinkled with 1 Tbsp Parmesan
Sprinkled with 1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil

Grill on the BBQ for 10-15 minutes or until done. No dishes and dinner is done all in one packet.

All together presented in my classy way with 8 oz of fat free milk.

Photobucket

This was delicious, light, tasty and easy with almost no clean up. I feel so healthy now for meeting my fish requirement this week! I am funny with fish - give me sushi & raw fish and I can down a ton. Give me cooked fish and I am eh, ok, with a portion.

I really enjoyed the snacks I had today on the Jump Start Diet....This afternoon was a fabulous Turkey Sandwich.

Photobucket

2 oz Honey Smoked 99% ff turkey
2 slices Ezekial Bread
Spicy Mustard
Spinach & Tomato

I am off to shower, read, relax and get to bed early as tomorrow promises to be another crazy busy day, but, IT'S BIGGEST LOSER NIGHT - so that already makes it an awesome day!

Have a great night all!

2 comments:

  1. This recipe looks right up my alley. I think I will have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cryssy - do tell if you try it! It was so easy with no dishes. I think you could even top your tilapia with parmesan too!

    ReplyDelete