Monday, April 13, 2009

Now that's a Wrap!

I have been planning and waiting ALL day to try out this wrap I thought up this morning. I purposefully (yes, that's a word!) made extra BBQ chicken last night so I could use it for dinner tonight. This was super easy to make (less than 10 minutes) and was honestly one of the best wraps I've made/had.

To make the wrap, I tried out two new products. Trader Joe's Uncured Natural Turkey Bacon (30 cal, .5 g fat, 1 WWP per slice for 2 slices!) - not pictured and Mission Life Balance Whole Wheat Tortilla.

l

I LOVE the concept of these new tortillas -- which claim to be good for you -- are fortified with tons of vitamins and minerals and as much calcium as a glass of milk. They are also a good source of fiber (4 grams) and contain DHA omega-3 (good fats) and antioxidants.

The taste was really good! They are slightly chewier than a regular tortilla but they do not have that "wheaty" taste. For only 110 cal, 2.5 g fat, 4 g fiber per tortilla (2 WWP) they are awesome! I heated mine up in a nonstick pan with a little nonstick spray for about 1 minute and it folded perfectly for my wrap.

My only hang up is that the ingredient list is fairly lengthy (not 100% clean) and should really not contain that many things to make up a flour tortilla (flour, water, salt, oil/butter).

Ok ~ enough for the reviews and onto the wrap itself.

Chicken, Bacon, Avocado Wrap*

Photobucket

~ 1 oz sliced BBQ chicken from last night
~ 1 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
1 slice TJ's lite cheddar cheese
1 slice TJ's cooked turkey bacon, crumbled (cooked in the microwave!)
1/4 small avocado sliced
Spinach & romaine leaves

* Make this VEGETARIAN by using the Morning Star Chickenless Strips & Fakin Bacon.

Heat tortilla up in a nonstick pan sprayed with nonstick spray while the turkey bacon cooks in the microwave (about 2 minutes a slice). Flip tortilla and top with cheese. Remove pan from heat but leave tortilla in pan so cheese milks. Add all the fixin's and enjoy! The entire wrap is 6 WWP's!

I served it up with leftover salad (I made extra last night) and TJ's Lowfat Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette.

Photobucket

The Husband had his wrap with leftover Healthier Potato Salad. I thought about it too but was content with my dinner. I know what I am making for lunch tomorrow - this really was THAT good!

This afternoon I had a little bit of a sweet tooth. I thought it would be the perfect time to try out one of my new bars. I picked out of the stack and ended up with the Kashi Cookies and Cream Bar. It's a huge bar so I knew I'd only be having half.

Photobucket

But, when, I opened it up I was a little shocked to see the inside. This looks nothing like what I'd picture a cookies and cream bar to look like.

Photobucket

I cut off a small sliver to try it and it was seriously bleh! It had such a healthy protein bar taste and I am not so sure it tasted like cookies and cream too much. So....I figure it's better in the trash than on my @$$ :D but, I didn't want to be wasteful. I cut it up into bite size pieces and put it in the breakroom for the vultures to eat (it disappeared fast). After that experience I decided to go with something safer ~ A WW Double Chocolate Bar!

Photobucket

These bars are not one I'd normally choose as I am not too fond of the ingredient list and they do leave me hungry afterwards. But, for 2 points, it is definitely better than a candy bar. It was very satisfying with some nice hot decaf tea.

Today was a good day for a Monday, but, it got even better when I got home.....I received more "Fun Mail"!!!! That is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment