Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Nutty "Pear" Oats....

Ok so that was supposed to come out sounding like the movie, The Nutty Profressor...maybe not so lol. This mornings bowl of oats was pretty tasty, but, I think I've learned I am an almond butter plus oats type of person over a peanut butter oats type of person.

Nutty Pear Oats

Photobucket

1/2 c old fashioned Quaker Oats
1 cup water
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
1/2 organic pear
Dash of Cinnamon
2 Tbsp Trader Joe's Sweet & Tart Trek Mix
Sprinkle of unsweetened organic coconut
15 calorie Drizzle (1 tsp) Sweet Cactus Lite Agave Nectar

I really, LOVE the Trader Joe's Sweet & Tart Trek Mix. There is so much goodness in there (peanuts, cashews, almonds, golden raisins, cranberries, cherries, 3 types of chips (dark chocolate, peanut butter and vanilla yogurt). It's fun to eat plain and added a nice crunch to my oats.

I served it up with some full caf Starbuck's coffee & water.....I am fueled and ready for another crazy day.

Photobucket

Random thought of the day ~ I LOVE being able to wear flip flops to work and be casual...but hate it when I don't look at the forecast to see it's raining!!! How cool do I look flopping around in the rain....oops! :D

Today is awesome because it's Biggest Loser Night!!! Who are you rooting for to win? I am undecided, but, I think I've narrowed it down to about 3 people (I like Tara in the Green or Sione in the Blue or possibly Kristin in the purple). No offense, but I am sooooo rooting for the Dad to go home after last week.

Have a fabulous day all ~ I am not sure if I'll make it back for lunch until dinner time, but, I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment