Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Who are you doing this for?

I LOVE today's mental aspect of the Jump Start Diet. It starts off by asking - Who are you doing this for? It gives the story of Michelle from Season 6 and her struggles - loved her story. However, the thing that sticks with me the most is this quote:

"YOU are the most important person in the process. Not your parents, not your spouse, not your kids, not your friends. You are getting healthy for you. You are making choices beneficial to you. And guess what? You'' be happier as a result and so will everyone else in your life!"

How true is that?! Seriously, I am guilty of often putting others before myself. But, I know I am at my best when I am in control of my eating, working out regularly, getting enough sleep and finding ME time. The trick is just remembering to make it happen.

Tonights dinner ROCKED!!! I made up "Doc's Chili" (do you remember him? He was one of my all time favorites - he was in it for the right reason. Click here for the recipe. I followed the recipe adding 1 lean Jennie-O Spicy Turkey Sausage, fresh tomatoes & 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes.

Photobucket

Here is my 179 calorie portion topped with olives, cilantro & green onions.

Photobucket

Plus a side salad topped with yellow bell pepper and cherry tomatoes (I used these instead of cucumbers). I picked Annie's Naturals Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette for my dressing (1 Tbsp).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have been so buys running around getting my todo's done plus getting things ready for tomorrow that I have not fit in a workout. I am off to do that next while watching The Biggest Loser - Great motivator, right?! Here is the action plan:

22 minutes walking - I think I'll throw in some jogging or walk at a big incline to get my heart rate up
Mobility Exercises ~ 2 x's each in a minute
* Shoulder Roll
* Side Bend
* Lower-Back Mobility
* Dynamic Lateral Lunge
* Torso Rotation

Have a great night all! I am excited for Earth Day tomorrow - we are doing something fun for everyone at work AND I am carpooling (being good to the earth).

Be sure to enter the Annie's Naturals Go Green Dressing Giveaway as it ends manana at 6:00 PM Pacific. If you are blogger, post a link back for an extra entry!

3 comments:

  1. Your dinner locks fantastic! Love the quote too. So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote. I know this, and yet it's difficult to master. I'm working on it, I'm working on it.

    What did you think of BL last night? I'm sad about who got voted off--I love her! : (

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki ~ Thanks so much, dinner was pretty tasty even if it was way too hot for chili.

    Kirwin ~ I LOVED BL last night. I was seriously bawling through it all :) I agree with you on who got voted off....I was so bummed about it but so proud that she is really using her experience to teach others. The Father/Son team must go - I don't like them at all especially after their smirks and comments!

    ReplyDelete