Saturday, May 9, 2009

Easy Grilled Chicken Burritos

Tonight's plan was to make chicken burritos that included avocado. I swear all you have to say is that it has AVOCADO and I am there!

I started off by taking two chicken breasts and sprinkling them with McCormick's Creole (Cajun) seasoning, the juice of one lime and a little nonstick spray. I threw them on the grill to cook while I prepared all the toppings.

Photobucket

Here are the toppings we made up for our burritos.

Photobucket

A small handful of chopped cilantro.

Photobucket

One ripe organic Roma Tomato, chopped.

Photobucket

One ripe organic AVOCADO sliced.

Photobucket

TJ's Lowfat Mexican Cheese Blend.

Photobucket

Rosarita Fat Free Green Chile Lime Beans heated up on the stove.

Photobucket

I actually meant to have the TJ's Tomatoless Corn Salsa as well, but, forgot to pull it out of the fridge. That would have made these fabulous. I remembered after I put hot sauce on my burrito *sigh*

Now the fun begins ~ putting your burrito's together.

Start with your tortilla and layer on your beans (about 1/4-1/2 c), then a couple pinches of lowfat cheese.

Photobucket

Top with your grilled chicken - I used about 4 oz.

Photobucket

Then, layer on the avocado, tomatos, salsa (if using it) and cilantro.

Photobucket

Super fast, easy and pretty tasty. I had 1 cup of watermelon on the side for dessert (I cut this up while the chicken cooked too!)

Photobucket

I am pretty wiped out about now! We played hookie from our friends dinner tonight in order to eat something healthier - sorry - but, it's true :D I am off to watch a movie and play in a "online free poker tourney" with The Husband ~ Yes, we are multi-taskers like that. How else would we get everything done?!

Have a great night all and an even better Mother's Day! Don't forget to "treat" your mom to some FREE FROYO tomorrow at TCBY!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Danica-Just found your blog. It is lovely. So many great recipes. These burritos sound fantastic, I will have to try them! Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna ~ Nice to meet you. Thanks for the compliment on my blog. Let me know if you try any recipes :) I will be sure to stop by your blog too!

    Beadie ~ Yup - so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those burritos look so good!! I have never thought to put grilled chicken in them, so I'm happy you posted this recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KitchenPanda ~ I really think the grilled chicken is a nice change from a salsa chicken or what not. I like grilling because it doesn't dirty a pan :D

    ReplyDelete