Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pantry Update & Speed Cleaning

The Husband has been proudly building my pantry shelf for about a week now. The one he decided to make for our 5 year anniversary. He is making it from scratch and has such skill. Here is a picture of his work in progress (in his messy shop but it's HIS shop lol). He is going to add some decoartive moldings before painting it, lining the shelves and doing pull out shelves for my spices - yeah!

Photobucket

I took a break mid morning for a 2 WWP snack - 1 c of juicy watermelon and a 3/4 oz Light Cabot Cheese Stick (check dairy off the list for today - yahoo!)

Photobucket

The Husband being the awesome Husband he is, offered to help me clean the house! Woohoo - so we challenged each other to clean our entire house and be finished by 1 pM to head out to lunch. He got the easy parts - dusting, vacuuming, sweeping while I tackled all the scrubbing in the kitchen, bathroom and their floors. I also did some organizing, picking up and laundry - I am so counting cleaning as my activity today.

After I speed cleaning, we headed out to Vasquez Deli ~ The Husband's favorite mexican place. I told him I'd reward him for his help. I LOVE this place - everything is homemade including the tortillas. The service is great and the food is reasonably priced.

I ordered two salsa chicken tacos:

Photobucket

4 homemade tortilla chips with a little bit of the beans and cheese.

Photobucket

And a slice of The Husband's Cheesy Quesadilla (one of the best creations ever). Check out how thick their flour tortillas are. Soooo good ~ this BLT was entirely worth it!

Photobucket

We did some shopping at Lowe's to pick out our rock siding for our house and stopped at Walmart for more cleaners, a book and more magazines - yeah! I am checking a ton of things off my list but still more to go!

See you all for dinner ~ I am thinking BBQ is in order to keep the heat out of the house. The car thermometer said 103 degrees while we were out and it feels like we are in the desert for sure!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 103 is not fun! I hate it when it gets that hot. I don't deal well with hot weather!

    That cheesy quesadilla looks so good. And it's pretty impressive that he's building a pantry. That's gotta take skill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang those tortillas look so thick and delish! mexican is the best ever. cant wait to see the final photos of the pantry! and my last captcha on my last comment was "snack" haha i got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a very productive day despite the scorching weather! That pantry looks awesome! What a sweet hubby. :)

    Yum, Mexican is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! I want somee of that THICK quesadilla! :D

    Organizing your pantry on your new shelf will be so much fun! lol Typical food blogger talking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw your husband sounds like such a sweet heart :) cant wait to see all the yummy goodies you load that pantry with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Send your hubby to my house please! I have major pantry organizational problems.

    I thought that I was sick of Mexican food, but after looking at your pics...bring on the tacos!

    Can't wait to see dinner. We also decided to grill and sat outside all night because the house was hot but it was nice and cool outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! What a great handy husband!! I hope you will show us pictures when it is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne ~ Me too, I am such an air conditioning person. I'd rather just stay inside til it cools off. He is totally talented - he just gets these ideas and runs with it - yeah for me!

    Janetha ~ I honestly think we have awesome mexican food out here - you should add that to your list too for your cali trip :)

    Heather ~ I did - I LOVE being able to check things off my list. I feel so accomplished when I can do that lol.

    Nutritious ~ I KNOW - I can't wait to share the finished product and I what I stuff in it. Then again, hmmm, it has to be picture perfect organized lol.

    Jenny ~ He is, I am one lucky person :)

    Angelea ~ Well, he will build it, but, I wonder if I can get him to organize it. Then again, maybe not :) LOL. Ohhh, I need to stop by to see what you grilled up.

    Beadie ~ Absolutely! I can't wait to show you all when he is done. He has serious talent for not being a wood working person by trade.

    ReplyDelete