Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birthday Decorating & getting right back to it!

Happy Thursday all! I was up at 4:30 AM today to get into the office early with my co-worker to decorate the cubicles in Over The Hill Style for our two co-workers who turn 40 today!

I have to say using that balloon pumping thing really gave my arms a workout especially since I was going as fast as I could working against the clock. It was sooooo early, but, absolutely worth it ~ just check out the results.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course we made them pose by their decorations to capture the moment. We couldn't resist teasing them about dressing the same and both in Over The Hill Colors to match...they might just blend in with their decorations :D

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rachel, my fabulous friend & co-worker made these amazing flower arrangements herself. I WISH I had her skills they are so awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have cake this afternoon so I am having that internal debate to eat it or not to eat it ~ Maybe just small bites? Not sure yet, but, I know I am getting out at lunch for a walk or run and maybe working out tonight to help make up for it a bit. I need to balance staying within the calorie limits on The 30 Day Jump Start with life events. I'll let you all know the verdict.

After decorating and being up for 3 hours, I was starving! I started off with 3 fluffy egg whites nuked in the microwave for 1 minute.

Photobucket

With TWO of the BEST lowfat & calorie Homemade Turkey Sausages. I had these in the freezer from when I made them before so I just pulled them out and cooked them up (yes at 430 AM). Click HERE for the recipe.

Photobucket

All together with 1 slice of Ezekial, 8 oz of fat free milk, water and some half caf coffee.

Photobucket

My quick recap for yesterday shows you I didn't work out at ALL! But, I am definitely making up for that today with a double workout. In the end, it all balances out, right?

Calories burned: 2,331
Steps taken: 4,701
Calories Consumed ~ Um Ya....but, today I am getting right back on track!

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ENTER MY ANNIE'S MAC PACK GIVEAWAY ~ If you haven't done everything to get your FOUR entries, be sure to check it out and check them off your list. Click HERE before Midnight tonight!

Catch you all later today!

7 comments:

  1. oh wow you are a good friend to get up so early! the decorations turned out super cute. and homemade turkey sausage? sounds yummy, you are such a chef! i will check out the recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great decorations!!

    I have always wanted to make homemade sausage but never have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! The decorations are great and it looks like a great breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those signs are HILARIOUS! I like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a fun day at the office!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade cake or store bought? That's what I would ask myself in regards to partaking of it. I always partake, but if it's a store bought, I have a very teeny tiny piece. It's just not worth it!

    I love your turkey sausage recipe. Will have to try it. See my post in about 20 minutes about my turkey sausage experience today. Blehhh.

    You did great with the decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janetha ~ It's a good thing I am a morning person or I probably wouldn't have been so up for it. It was fun to decorate and a great way to get in a mini workout before you know you are :)

    Beadie ~ Thanks you definitely should try out the sausage - it's so easy and tasty. You will probably never want to buy it after making your own.

    Meghann ~ Thanks - that protein packed breakfast really kept me going all morning!

    Nutritious ~ I was laughing the whole time putting up the signs. My favorite is the beating with the cane.

    Bec ~ It was such a fun day - I love it when something other than work happens because time flies by.

    Angelea - I totally agree with you - that is what I just posted about tonight. Oh you had turkey sausage too - must go check that out!

    ReplyDelete