Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What does it take to burn off that bowl of ice cream?

Can I just say you all rock?! I am loving reading all your comments about the different Annie's Products you want to try and the different ways you will use them. Thanks so much to everyone who has told their friends, added me to their blogrolls and linked to the contest! The Annie's Mac & Cheese Contest is going on through Thursday at Midnight so be sure to enter now by clicking HERE if you haven't already!

This morning's Jump Start Breakfast was the make a Breakfast Burrito ~ Yum! I cooked up my 3 egg whites in a small ramkin sprayed with nonstick spray in the microwave for 45 seconds. I topped my Mission Healthy Balance Tortilla with 3 Tbsp lowfat Monterey Jack, the egg whites, sea salt and pepper.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Drizzle a few tablespoons of your favorite salsa and if you are like me (Omit the ff refried beans -beans do not belong with my eggs!). Honestly I think that can be such a bad combination for your system! :D

Photobucket

Wrap it up and enjoy! I had 1 cup of fresh, crunchy, sweet blueberries on the side.


Photobucket


For some additional protein and to check off that dairy requirement, I had 8 oz of ff milk, some decaf coffee and my Nathan Bottle full of water.

Photobucket


My quick recap for yesterday ( I definitely did too much working/sitting on my rear :):

Calories burned: 2,470, Steps taken: 2,470, Calories Eaten: didn't calc but should be close to 1,500

TODAY'S FUN NEWS:

* Have you ever wondered how much it takes to burn off a bowl of ice cream? Click HERE to find out! I still think it's totally worth it!

* Now you all know I am a HUGE Biggest Loser Fan....So of course I have to throw something in here about voting for the 3rd finalist. My vote is to vote the dad IN (I don't like him) and the son OUT( because I want Tara to win!). Make sure your vote is heard, click HERE!

* Did you all see the fabulous 110 Calorie Turkey Muffins they made on last nights show? I am definitely added these into the mix soon, I hope! Click HERE for recipe!

* Do you have a favorite lemon recipe? I would LOVE to know what it is because I have to make something for a birthday party celebration tomorrow.

Happy Hump Day All! I will catch you after lunch - whether it's going out to eat (to celebrate the birthdays!) or going for a run (which I NEED!)

9 comments:

  1. here is what I most want to try todaay- Annie's Original BBQ Sauce - Organic
    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told Katie Atkin, Erica Siegel, Patt fernandez

    love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi danica! i LOVE these lemon bars that i always make, they are not exactly good for you but they are DELISH:

    for crust:
    1 1/2 c soft butter
    3/4 c powdered sugar
    3 c flour
    chopped almonds or pecans- optional


    Mix ingredients and press into a 12x17 inch pan. Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, then cool

    topping:
    6 eggs
    3 c sugar
    1/2 c flour
    9 TB fresh lemon juice

    Combine sugar and flour then stir in eggs and lemon juice. Pour over cooled crust and bake at 350 till set for about 15-20 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar when cool.

    yummo!

    and your eggs look yum.. i think i might go attempt to have some eggs of my own come to think of it! hope your day is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ice cream article was sad to see today after eating 3 bowls last night! Haha I am all done with that container now so I should be good! Love that egg burrito! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love salsa on eggs!

    I'm with you - I hope Tara wins! I think Ron should have gotten the boot a looooong time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up, gathering votes for Don Ron! ; ) I agree, but have to mention that my heart breaks for Max, the other brother!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooohh...I love breakfast burritos, but I can't allow beans on my eggs either! Yuck!

    I don't have a recipe, but I love lemon bars!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh i cannot wait for blueberries to start being in season and cheap here!! i love eating them all summer long

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sis ~ You are too cute - love ya! Now go post under the correct giveaway thread :)

    Janetha ~ That recipe looks fabulous! I decided to be realistic in that I do not have time to actually make something. I bought my absolute most favorite ever store bought cake and I do not like store bought cakes at all! I will definitely save this recipe and make it soon.

    Missy ~ You are such a doll I bet the 3 bowls of ice cream doesn't show anywhere on you!

    Marissa ~ I always drool over your salsa eggs! I agree Ron should've been gone the first time he fell below the yellow line. Go Green!

    Kirwin ~ Seriously - I have used mine, ours and The Husband's email addresses to vote for Ron - just say no to brown - they can't do anything for you :D Sorry UPS LOL. I do agree about Max.

    Angelea ~ Yum, lemon bars....yes, I would LOVE to make those and share so I don't eat them all.

    RunToFinish~ I absolutely agree - the farmer's market by my house starts tonight - I so hope they have them there!

    ReplyDelete