Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Favorite Way to Eat a VitaTop!

I decided this morning that after being around so many VitaTops at The View From The Bay and The Hungry-Girl Book Signing, I definitley needed to trade in my morning snack of an apple with pb for a 100 Calorie VitaTop treat!

My absolute favorite way to enjoy a VitaTop is to pop it in the toaster and while it gets all toasty and melty, I heat 1 Tbsp of TJ's Organic Crunchy Peanut Butter up in the microwave for 10 seconds. When the VitaTop pops up, smear the PB on and you get this fabulous 3 point treat!

Photobucket

Today's VitaTop was a Triple Chocolate Chunk (3 types of chocolate = LOVE!). Just look at all that melty goodness.....Yum!

Photobucket

You can actually get MORE Peanut Butter for LESS points if you mix up a batch of PB2. I tried PB2 about two years ago and it isn't bad. They take the fat out of the peanuts before drying them and turning it into a powder. My favorite use for it is to use it in smoothies. It reminds me of dry roasted peanuts, but, here is the kicker - you get 2 TBSP for 2 PTs version 1 TBSP of the real deal. For me, peanut butter is just one of the things I don't mind spending the extra points on, but, I have alot of friends who love it. You can check out PB2 by clicking HERE. If you order it online, the minimum order is 4 jars - find some friends and share - it's definitley worth the try.

Coming up next...Farmer's Market Finds and my fabulous vegetarian lunch!

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I just tried my first VitaTop this week and loved it so I will have to try this new treat with PB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my absolute favorite dessert! I use PB2 as my "icing" and it is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Itsawrapteacher ~ I LOVE all Vitatops - they rock. You have to try it with nut butters - almond butter is amazing too. I know it makes it more than a 100 cal treat, but, it has some serious staying power with nut butters and seems so decadent!

    Marisa ~ I always drool over your Vitatops everytime I look at your eats. You do make PB2 look fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love PB2. in fact i reupped yesterday, can't wait for it to arrive. i don't have to share my order with anyone.. i go through it fast haha! you can't beat those stats that it packs. that is so rad you got all those vitatops! i can't wait to try the bluebran ones i found.. sigh.. when the throat is up to it. i bet i could dip one in some milk to sog it down though haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janetha ~ I LOVE all nut butters too - they rock. You could try really small bites and slowly let them dissolve on your tongue :) Hope your throat gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, that Vitatop and nut butter combo looks delicious! I like PB2, especially the chocolate one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne ~ Yum, I haven't tried the chocolate version - now I just might have to! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete