Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Friday ALL! Today sure didn't start out like a Friday should, but, I have a rule for Fridays ~ They have to be good days and you have to be happy ALL day! So, I am "faking it til I make it" today! My breakfast alone was enough to seriously improve my mood and forget about the crazy start to my day.

I started off by sampled the AppleBerry Vitatop ~ Check out the stats (1 WWP for the entire top)! Plus ~the top of the muffin is the absolute BEST part - such a win, win!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was THIS description that sold me on trying this one first ~ "made with real apple chunks, cranberries, blueberries & organic evaporated cane juice. All natural, 100 calories, low fat, cholesterol free muffin tops with oat bran and 15 vitamins & minerals."

I popped it in the toaster to make it crispy and warm.

Photobucket

OMG ~ So amazing! This top is loaded with apples and tons of berries - there was definitely no skimping here. I liked how moist and sweet it was ~ it doesn't taste like a "healthy bran" muffin at all - LOVED it!

I made up a big side bowl of fruit ~ organic strawberries, blueberries, apricot.

Photobucket

All together with my FAVORITE TJ's Fat Free Honey Greek Greek Yogurt for 2 WWP of protein.

Photobucket

Here are some FUN THINGS going on in The Bay this weekend:

* Do you LOVE to draw and LOVE chocolate? Check out the Chocolate and Chalk Festival this Saturday in Berkeley. The best part is IT's FREE!! Click HERE to read more.

* I LOVE DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Stuff! They have a really cool REMAKE AMERICA Festival going on where you can help to build a Sustainable Future! I am definitely going to ask The Husband if we can fit this one in (we get our concrete poured this weekend - yeah!). Click HERE!

PLUS TWO GIVEAWAYS!!!

* Missy is hosting an Espresso Giveaway - Fun! Click HERE to enter.
* Are you a fan of GNU Bars ~ Then, be sure to enter my Givewaway by clicking HERE.

I will be announcing my next 2 week challenge later on today and I hope YOU ALL will want to join in with me. There will be some giveaways associated with it - yahoo!

Have a FANTASTIC FRIDAY all! Today is going to be a great day, today is going to be a great day....I know I'll believe if I just keep thinking, typing and saying it!

Catch ya'all later!

11 comments:

  1. Yum - I definitely need to try those vitatops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that Vitatop sounds so good! I love the description. That fruit also looks great-- what an awesome breakfast :D
    Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks great!
    Can't wait to hear about the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked that Vitatop as I wasn't much of a fan! Maybe I should have tried it toasted instead? Have a great Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the vitatop looks really good! i've had the muffins but haven't been able to find the tops yet- you're right though, the top is the best part! i'll have to keep an eye out for them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. cant wait to hear the challenge! and hooray for appleberry love! i also toasted mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. RunSarah ~ I LOVE all the chocolate flavors, the corn bread and this flavor so far. They are awesome.

    Anne ~ It really was the best breakfast.

    Marybe ~ It's going to be a fun two week challenge that I think will interest everyone. I am pairing up with another blogger so hopefully we get great results.

    K ~ Yup, you have to toast them to make them extra tasty for sure. It makes them more like they just came out of the oven.

    Steph ~ I've had the muffins too, but, honestly find the tops to be better. It's a mental thing, I do not like having to cut my muffin in half to get 100 calories :)

    Janetha ~ I just saw that - yeah! I think it's a challenge you will like. Now I just need to find time to type up my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG those muffins looks fabulous! Awesome review. And great idea with toasting them. I'm totally drooling at this breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Health ~ LOL, it was an awesome breakfast for sure! Toasting them makes them perfect and just out of the oven like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i ALMOST bought that flavor yesterday!! But im differing wether or not I want to do the Vita top or not as it has egg whites in it.. i have been vegan for over a year.;.. but there is NO such thing as a PERFECT diet, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Devan ~ I think there is always room for a little indulgence here and there. Life is too short to miss out on things you want to try...it's ok to be veganish on occasion I think. Vita's are pretty tasty and you can keep them in the freezer for occassional indulgences :)

    ReplyDelete