Friday, May 8, 2009

A "Kashi" Kind of Pizza Night

Tonight I decided that the chicken, sweet potato and green beans on the Jump Start Menu just didn't appeal. The Vanilla Poached Pear did for sure, but, I am not sure if I am going to be doing any more cooking tonight.

Tonight's dinner was fast and incredibly tasty. I will be the first to admit I am a Pizza Snob! I LOVE homemade pizza and pizza from good restaraunts. I can usually take or leave frozen pizza - in all honesty, most of them are just not worth the calories for what you get. That was until Kashi came along.....

I have been so excited to try these two new thin crust pizzas. They have two other flavors (Mushroom Trio & Spinach & Mexicali Black Bean) that I think I need to add to the to try list.

The first pizza to hit the oven was the Margherita ~ Tomato + Basil = LOVE!

Photobucket

Are you ready for this ~ You get 1/3 of the ENTIRE PIZZA for 250 Calories!!! Did I mention it's just 5 WWP's as well?

Photobucket

Coming out of the package it looks pretty much like most frozen pizzas with a super thin wood fired crust.

Photobucket

However, when it comes out of the oven - it's a whole other story! The smell alone makes you want to dig in right then.

Photobucket

The second pizza that went into the oven at 400 degrees for only 7 minutes was the Roasted Vegetable Pizza.

Photobucket

The nutrition stats are awesome once again ~ this one is only 10 calories more ~ 260 Cal for 1/3!

Photobucket

This one is a little less pretty coming out of the box. I sort of thought, wow, they don't splurge on too many veggies :o)

Photobucket

It looks so much better when it comes out of the oven all hot and cheese bubbling.

Photobucket

Are you ready to see what 1/3 of EACH pizza looks like? I decided on 2 slices (2/3's) that I cut into 4 pieces to "trick" my brain into thinking it was THAT much!

Photobucket

Awesome!!! We BOTH absolutely LOVED these pizzas. Seriously - they do not even come close to tasting like a frozen pizza or even a healthy pizza. The ingredients are fairly clean as well and I LOVE that you get protein plus fiber plus Omega's with your seven grain whole crust. The Husband even raved about this and he usually is the first to tell me I used wheat crust!

I will definitely buy these and the other Kashi flavored pizzas again. You could pair it with a nice green salad for a completel meal. I was surpisingly content and didn't eat any salad (I had salad at lunch so it's ok, right?!) :)

My afternoon snack was less exciting. I had the other serving of my homemade applesauce with 4 almonds in one of my super cute new bowls!

Photobucket

With 2 oz of lean ham/turkey rolled up.

Photobucket

I also made up my strength training workout that I missed out on last night.

3 sets of each:

* Bent-over row
* Chest Press
* Tricep Extentions
* Overhead Press

Plus today's Mobility & Body Weight Exercises held for a minute each or 16 reps x 2
* Toe Touch Reach
* Plank
* Cobra
* Opposite Arm & Leg Reach
* Bridge

* I owe my 100 crunches for today but forgot. I will make them up for tomorrow (to date 700/3100 and counting!)

Followed by static stretching: chest, lower back, shoulders, triceps, biceps

Phew! I am off to relax with The Husband and enjoy my night. See you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I'm basically convinced Kashi can't mess anything up! All of the food I've tried by them have been amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum i LOVE those pizzas. i buy them and then add my own extra toppings of grilled chicken or turkey pepperoni for more protein. the crust is super good.

    oh and i saw your comment about the book signing, SERIOUSLY that would be so rad! i would be so stoked on that! let me know your paypal and i will send you some $$$ for the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Kashi pizza's too but my favorites are the Archer's Farms brand. They have similar NI and have a big variety.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I never feel like frozen pizza is worth it, but now you have me wanting to try these! Good to know that 1/3 is only 5 POINTS! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i haven't tried the kashi pizza's yet, I'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthyontherun ~ You know what, you are right, I LOVE just about Kashi everything! I like that I don't have to worry about "what's in it" and worry that it's all chemicals.

    Janetha ~ Ohhhh good idea! I will definitely have to do that next time. I need your snail mail addy to send you the book :o)

    Beadie ~ I will definitely have to check out the Archer Farm's brand - that is good to know.

    Marisa ~ It was awesome seeing my plate and having "4 slices - my two cute in 1/2". I Like the idea of adding extra toppings.

    Runtofinish ~ Yes, check them out. they are perfect for those days you don't have time to cook and want something easy. They do not taste frozen pizza like at all.

    ReplyDelete