Saturday, May 9, 2009

Fun Finds.......

I was soooo excited today when I stopped at Trader Joe's to do my weekly grocery shopping and they had Basil Plants for $2.99. Just look at how beautiful this plant is and so cheap - everyone was nabbing them up quickly!

Photobucket

On my next stop to the local grocery store (for non-TJ's things), I cam across the cutest BABY BANANAS. I couldn't resist picking up a bunch when I saw them even though I had already bought some regular size bananas.

Photobucket

Then, I had a little fun with the camera to show you how little/cute they really are. Yup - that is one of last weeks bananas but it's about a medium sized banana.

Photobucket

And because I can ~ check it out next to a box on Annie's Mac. I had the boxes sitting out getting ready to get packed up :D

Photobucket

I was curious if they tasted like real bananas or not. I know they are a bit green so I wasn't sure if they would be ripe.

Photobucket

They are surprisingly sweeter than regular bananas ~ Yum! I wonder how sweet they will get after they ripen up a bit.

After running around like a mad woman trying to check off my list, I finally decided to break for lunch at about 2 PM. The Jump Start plan called for another soup to be made - Butternut Squash with Caramelized Onions, but, I just wasn't feeling it. I decided instead to pull out one of the servings I froze of Mushroom Soup. It doesn't look pretty but it is honestly so satisfying and has alot of flavor.

Photobucket

Along with the soup, I made up a quick salad.

Photobucket

*Romaine
* Spinach
* Cherry Tomatos
* 1/4 avocado - YUM! Avocado always makes salad better!
* Freshly Ground Pepper
* TJ's Lowfat Spicy Peanut Dressing - I was craving this after doing a little marketing for TJ's LOL - I ended up convincing 3 ladies to buy it as I raved about how good it is!

All together this was my completely VEGAN Jump Start Lunch - who knew that they would have VEGAN eats on the diet :)

Photobucket

We headed out to do our Mom's Day shopping after lunch along with our Sam's Club & Target run. I didn't pick out my outfit or get new clothes yet - guess that will be tomorrow.

I have been so excited all day for dinner ~ that's a good sign when your "diet" food makes you excited, right? The recipe is coming up next!

4 comments:

  1. i freaking love those bananas. i ate them first in hawaii and was surprised to see them in stores back home, i guess id never noticed them. i cant wait to make the soup tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janetha ~ They are so cute and tasty too! I thought they might be funky, but, they were awesome. Yeah for the mushroom soup - can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum,what a delicious meal! I think that mushroom soup looks great.Hope you wont mind but I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site, just add this little widget here to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa ~ Thanks, the soup is really good and easy. I will definitely check out your site and look into the widget - thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete