Thursday, May 21, 2009

Holey Surprise!

The Husband teased me at work today saying I had a big package at home that I was going to LOVE but he wouldn't tell me....I had to wait until I got home. When I walked in the door I bolted for the kitchen to find this.

Photobucket

Ever since I went to Rachel's Donut Party, I have been wanting to try my OWN Holey Donuts! I opened the box and found not 1, but, 4 boxes of healthy donuts!!! I LOVE you Holey Donuts People ~ Thanks so much for sharing the love!!!

Photobucket

Do you all see that cool little flyer on my boxes? Pay close attention because I guarantee this is something you will want to order. When you place your order, enter the code " 4FREECB" and you will get 4 gigantic reduced fat Cinnamon Buns for FREE!!!

I didn't know what each box had so it was serioulsy like my birthday opening each donutty (yes, it's a word!) package! The first box I opened had their amazing Reduced Fat Cinnamon Buns (that you can get for FREE! see above in red). These were my absolute favorite at the Donut Party.

Photobucket

Box #2 was an assortment of Lowfat Chocolate Crumb, Vanilla Crumb and Caramel Crumb Donuts.......mmmmm!

Photobucket

Box #3 was none other than their famous Lowfat Lemon Donut Holes - they look so amazing everytime I see them!

Photobucket

When I opened Box #4, I squealed with delight like a little kid smiling from ear to ear. OMG ~ Can you believe how amazing all these flavors are?! This is their Celebrity Assortment and The Holey Donuts Peeps made me a celebrity today! Apple Graham Cracker, Boston Cream Oreo Cookie AND Raspberry Vanilla Truffle.

Photobucket

How is a girl supposed to choose which donut to have first?! I am ALL about fruit and vanilla anything so the Raspberry Vanilla Donut quickly hop on my plate and in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Photobucket

Check out ALL that raspberry goodness just oooozing out everywhere! This ENTIRE DONUT is only 4 Weight Watcher Points (217 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g fiber) and get this - it only has 16 g of sugar ~ 4 Teaspoons. You'd never guess it was a "healthy" donut by the flavor - it's so rich and donut like - the only way you can tell is you don't have grease on your fingers (which is definitely a good thing in my book!)

Photobucket

When I took my first bite, I forgot about everything that happened in my day! This is by far THE ABSOLUTE BEST DONUT I've ever had in my entire life!!! The dough is so soft and chewy with the sweet raspberries and the creaminess of the vanilla frosting glaze. I cannot think of a better combination.

I also decided to "pop" one of the 42.5 calorie Lowfat Lemon Holes. You get 4 of these bad boys for only 3 Weight Watchers Points - 1 is .75 pts - woohoo!

Photobucket

I have to admit this batch tasted ALOT better than the Donut Party ones. They were super soft and donutty - you could taste the lemon followed up by a hint of the vanilla frosting.

Here is the COOL part of my dessert ~ I had an ENTIRE Raspberry Vanilla Donut plus a Lemon Donut hole for 5 Weight Watcher Points, 260 calories and 4 g of fat. How awesome is that?! All the fun, flavor, decadence without the fat or guilt!

The best part of these donuts is that they work with my freezing fetish - you can wrap them up and freeze them to take them out one at a time. That right there is built in portion control - you don't have to worry about having 4 boxes of donuts sitting around spoiling because they are in your freezer waiting for you.

More reviews with the points/calories and a big review when I've tried all flavors coming soon ~ Thanks again Holey Donuts! - You all made my day, week, month!

10 comments:

  1. oh geez this was torture to see! they all look SOOO good! i have read a lot about these bad boys. maybe one day i will have to order some! the lemony bites look so good. lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...how are you going to eat all those? I'll share with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you're hubby is awesome! Does he have a brother? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I'm so jealous! I totally want to try these! Ahhh they all look so incredible :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janetha ~ You really HAVE to try these - they are a fabulous treat and I bet Marshall would be all over them. They are THAT good!

    ItsawrapTeacher ~ I KNOW - good thing you can freeze them :D

    Jess ~ He does, but, he is married too LOL.

    Anne ~ I think you need to talk your family into to getting some for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm... cousin? Nephew? LOL

    Well either way you two couldn't possibly eat all those donuts on your own! If you want to send some to Indiana, feel more than free to ;)

    Btw, thank you so much for the kind reply to my blog post! I am trying to get to the bottom of my emotional eating and I think it mostly has to do w/ my black/white thinking.

    Btw, where in Cali do you live? I'm visiting San Diego in a few weeks and moving there in August. I'm so nervous about the big move. It would be crazy if you lived around SD! I wonder if it's really like they say, one of the fittest cities in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLEY DONUTS!!! Ahh I'm so happy you got a package - they are so good! Enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess ~ You are too funny - he has both! If I could find a way to ship them I totally would but I think they'd melt. Their packaging is sort of high tech in dry ice and an ice chest. It's hard to get past the whole black/white thinking, but, you took a big step in saying it's a on-going process. I live in Northern Cali, San Diego is in Southern Cali - about 8 hours apart. Nothing a little road trip could solve. I am excited for you for your move - it will be awesome and you'll LOVE Sand Diego!

    KS ~ Me too!!! They rock - it's going to be hard to convince myself not to eat 1+ donuts each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shipping could be a problem! I think maybe I'll just do what your friend did and have a Holey Donut party. I'm actually planning on doing that w/ the next cake I bake for my cake class so that I don't end up eat the whole thing by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess ~ That is such a great idea - the party was fun and you don't have any leftover tempations! These donuts are highly addicting - they are so good :)

    ReplyDelete