Thursday, May 14, 2009

New favorite snacks

Can I just say that I LOVE a food plan that includes having one of those fabulous Black Bean/Corn/Avocado Burritos for snack?! Ya, I pretty much LOVED my AM snack even though it was minus the avocado.

Photobucket

The Jump Start Plan called for 4 oz of grilled fish (are you surprised, really? lol). Since I didn't make any up last night, Whole Foods completely saved the day. I picked up this AMAZING (can you believe I said that about fish, especially salmon?) Thai BBQ Salmon.

Photobucket

With a side of the Cheesy Polenta with Vegetables.

Photobucket

And a sliced Roma Tomato sprinkle with dill and Benissimo Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar

Photobucket

I couldn't resist adding in a little crunching fun with some Sour Cream & Onion Pop Chips! So crunchy and tasty and Pringle like all while being "popped" not fried. See my full review on these next.

Photobucket

All together with 8 oz of fat free milk and fizzy water.

Photobucket

It was truly a satisfying lunch that felt like I was at a restaraunt. I made a good attempt but only managed to eat about 2/3 of the fish and polenta. I was really surprised at how good the fish was from WF - I need to go back to find out what Thai BBQ sauce that was for sure.

While I was out and about today at Whole Foods, I was really craving ice cream. I have been seing the So Delicious Ice Creams everywhere so I decided to pick them up and give them a try. I think I was originally scared because I thought they were made with soy milk and as you can see by my review HERE I wasn't a fan of soy ice cream.

Photobucket

These beauties however are made with coconut milk and agave nectar - YUM!!!

Photobucket

And they are so cute at 100 calories and 3.5g fat, 2 g fiber each (2 WWP). It made the perfect dessert to my meal. You all seriously need to check these out - they rock! I will definitely be on the look out for other flavors to review.

Photobucket

Coming up next, my first two Pop Chips Reviews!

6 comments:

  1. So Delicious ice cream sandwiches are delishhhhhh!!! i love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum ice cream! ;)

    your dinner looked amazing as did your snack and i want to eat real food really soon.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I've never seeen the Banana Split flavor!! I will definitely look out for those!

    Nice lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo not bad on the calories for the icecream. I wonder if they sell that at Walmart or any of the groceries stores around here. I don't think we have a Whole Foods in Indiana :( But when I move to San Diego I have a feeling there's got to be one there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am sooooooooo craving ice cream now and banana split flavor? Yum!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Healthyontherun ~ They do completely rock. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

    Janetha ~ Thanks, it was really tasty. You know I think lunch might have been soft enough you could've managed :) LOL

    Marisa ~ It was fun eating all 3 flavors in one ice cream.

    Jess ~ I bet they do sell it in other stores around you - maybe in the health food section. Yes, you will get to go to a ton of good stores when you move to San Diego. Fun!

    Suzanne ~ I think I could live on ice cream this time of year when it's hot out.

    ReplyDelete