Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Healthiest "Togo" Dinner ala The Husband

Tonight was the night that I was driving out of town to see my friend and my amazing hair dressor! Did I mention that this is one of The Husband's favorite days? He says he rides with me so I don't have to drive alone for an hour (LOL)....but, don't let that fool you. I drop him off at a card room to play poker while I chat with my friend and get my hair done.

I deviated a bit (ok, alot) from The 30 Day Jump Start plan at lunch so I knew I couldn't do so for dinner. The only catch was that I HAD no time to cook. I was so shocked when The Husband offered to help me out and cook up my 30 Day Jump Start Meal! He seriously rocks ~ He cooked it all up and made it all on a togo plate for me to take with me. Wohooo!

Check out what a great job he did!

Photobucket

He grilled up some chicken breast with Annie's Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce.

Photobucket

With some quick frozen Organic Trader Joe's Brown Rice ~ LOVE this stuff!

Photobucket

And some Frozen Veggies ~ steamed he said Food Network Style. He cooked them with a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, then, when they were done, he added a dash of garlic salt and a "kiss" of whipped butter. He is funny in his descriptions!

Photobucket

For dessert ~ he sliced up some fabulous strawberries and put them in a little to go container as well.

Photobucket

He absolutely scored some major brownie points....I wonder what he wants?! LOL Kidding...I know he was trying to help out to make my life easier.

It was a great night chatting it up with my hair dressor ~ I brought her a Starbuck's and I know the caffeine makes us gab for hours.

When I got home, I received a fabulous package in the mail from Sonoma Crisps ~ the amazingly healthy, 1 WWP treat ~ More details and a review coming soon!!!

Photobucket

You have until Midnight (PST) on Thursday to enter my Annie's Mac Pack Giveaway ~ Click HERE to enter so you don't miss out!

6 comments:

  1. What a nice husband! Dinner looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your husband is a great cook! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awe that was super sweet of your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A package from Sonoma Crisps? Did someone take my advice and start e-mailing companies?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily ~ He was actually thinking about taking the pictures of it when he put it together - you have to love that!

    Missy ~ he IS when he does cook :)

    RunToFinish ~ I absolutely agree - he rocks and I am one lucky girl!

    Janetha ~ Yup, he is a great catch just like your Marshall.

    Meghann ~ Yes, of course. I took your and Missy's (above) advice about contacting the companies and sharing my blog. I can't wait to review and will be doing it ASAP. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete