Thursday, July 9, 2009

CLEAN KETTLE KORN!!!

Today was such a LONG day which is never good when you are in a “funk”.  But, the “work” part is all over so it has to get better from here, right?!

I had fun with my morning snack today ~ I made a fruit, cheese & cracker plate.

IMG_8784

1 nectarine & 1 sugar plum, chopped and mixed

1 Low-Fat Sargento Colby Cheese, cut into bite size pieces

And then, the bunnies wanted to play too, so I added them to the plate

My workout plan for today did not go as planned.  I had a meeting that went over at lunchtime so I missed Body Pump.  My co-worker talked me into “de-stressing” by heading to Trader Joe’s & Whole Foods.  I should have gone on my walk, but, how do you resist going to two of my favorite places ever! 

I decided to give Synergy one more try and grabbed the bright orange Mystic Mango.  I poured out a cup and you know what ~ I am still not a huge fan.  It tastes like a cross between wine and beer and there is nothing sweet or mango-y about it.

IMG_8788 

I also traded in my leftover Buffalo Chicken Salad that I prepared last night for lunch for some FUN new treats from Whole Foods.  Check out the “Fruity Aloha Roll” I found.  Have you all ever seen these?!  They come in Mango, strawberry, tofu, ahi, shrimp, etc.  I picked the Strawberry with Peanut Sauce to share with my co-worker!

IMG_8792

I grabbed 3 pieces……LOOK at ALL that crunchy goodness ~ strawberries, avocado, carrots, lettuce, cucumber…nom, nom, nomm…..

 IMG_8793

And of course topped them with some peanutty sauce – YUM!  Sweet, crunchy, savory with a little spicy nuttiness. I LOVED the combo and how you can taste ALL the flavors!

IMG_8797 

I am sure you all are not surprised I HAD to pick up sushi too ~ A brown rice Spicy Ahi Roll with avocado!!!  I am not a big fan of the spicy sauce WF’s uses – it tastes like mayo ~ bleh!

IMG_8796

All together with my square plate ~ this was a fun lunch that can make any day better!

IMG_8795 

I also picked up some “Just Apricots” at Whole Foods.  I have had several of the other flavors and thought they were ok, but, the APRICOT is AMAZING!!! It is sweet and tart and crunchy and just delicious!!!

IMG_8800IMG_8801

The entire container is only 3 Weight Watcher Points!

IMG_8799  

I had a small handful of these for “dessert”.

IMG_8802 

I have been wanting to share this trick for my afternoon snack with you all for a LONG time now but, I always seem to forget to bring my supplies.  So this morning I made sure I packed a bunch of bags, popcorn, powdered sugar, salt and my olive oil mister.

CLEAN KETTLE KORN!!!!!

Yup, you read that right!  I LOVE popcorn but I do not like the ingredients on the microwave version and honestly who is going to bring their popcorn popper to work (other than me LOL!).  Here is all you need to make HEALTHY, NATURAL, CLEAN EATING  Kettle Korn!

1 brown lunch bag

3 Tbsp popcorn kernels

a microwave

Olive Oil Mister or Nonstick Spray

1 Tbsp Powdered Sugar

Dashes of sea salt

NOTE: get creative with your toppings here.  You can add 1 tsp cocoa powder for chocolate popcorn or cinnamon or make a salty version using chili powder with powdered cheese.  The options are endless.  I also think drizzle hot caramel sauce over this would be fantastic!

2.5 Weight Watcher Points for the entire batch!!!

Place your popcorn kernels in your brown bag and fold the top over 2-3 times like you would if you were packing your lunch leaving room for it to pop.

IMG_8803

Microwave for ~ 2-3 minutes, listening for the popping to stop.  If you can count to 3 and hear no popping it is done.  You definitely want to stop it before it stops popping or you can burn your popcorn.

 IMG_8804

Pour your popcorn out of your bag on a plate or bowl and “mist” with your olive oil mister/nonstick spray.  You can also leave it in the bag and do the same.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sea salt and Enjoy!

IMG_8805

I threw in a few Just Apricots for added fun in another dish since my co-workers shared the other dish I made up.

 IMG_8806

So amazingly good ~ sweet, salty, crunchy and totally CLEAN AND HEALTHY!

Alright all, I am off to figure out what to do with the rest of my night.  My todo list is overwhelming and I do not feel like doing any of it – bad, bad!  I know I “should” workout, the farmer’s market is going on and I need cook dinner since The Husband is home eating the kitchen….yet, NONE of it appeals.

All week I have been struggling with my exercise funk ~ nothing appeals and I have no desire to do it…..even when I start, I am ready to stop.  Usually the hardest part is just getting started and then I love it.  Maybe it’s not my week?

So, I am asking you all for advice.  What do you do to get out of any funk you are in?

13 comments:

  1. that cheese plate is tres gourmet ;)

    thanks for the kettle corn recipe! I am a SLAVE to the 100 calorie kettle corn packs.. i always sneak 'em in to the movie theaters.. oh yeah i'm a rebel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I wish there was a Whole Foods within 20 miles of my house, that stuff looks soooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so good with the food you eat. How do you have such will power!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. blech, dont like synergy at ALL! but i do love kettle corn, nom nom nom. and those fruity rolls? to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those rolls look delicious! I've never seen sushi rolls wrapped in lettuce. I guess we don't get that fancy in Indiana, lol.

    Kettle corn is one of my favorites! I usually just go for the light 100 calorie packs, but your way looks yummy too!

    Thanks for the sweet comments as usual ;) OA has been such a wonderful tool for me. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that there was a Whole Foods somewhere nearby!

    I will have to try your Kettle Korn recipe, it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww i love those annies bunnies :) they are so cute & delicious!
    YAYY KETTLE CORN. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok your title made me laugh because you were soooo excited. Hmm getting out of a funk, i start listing all of the things I'm grateful for

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy cow! That strawberry sushi sounds incredible!! I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny ~ It's fun to eat your snack in pieces. I LOVE those 100 cal packs....just not the ingredients :(

    Danielle ~ Whole Foods is worth a day trip to me :D LOL....Is there one more than 20 miles away?

    Kate ~ I have my good and not so good days, but, I really do try to balance it all out. No worries, you will see junk food days too.

    Janetha ~ I'v enow tried 4 flavors and I am with you - it's funky monkey. Everything else was fab though.

    Jess ~ you know what - my way is cheaper too and you get ALOT more popcorn :) Happy Friday to you too.

    Theangrydieter ~ You should try the kettle korn - it's easy and fun to make.

    Peanutbutter ~ I LOVE bunnies - they are on of my favorites!

    Runtofinish ~ That is a great idea, I should try journalling it all out :)

    K ~ It has all the colors you love too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh you've got me craving sushi! It looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. C.G. ~ It's good, you should try it!

    Heyitstay ~ LOVE sushi! It's my favorite way to get in omega's :)

    ReplyDelete