Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I received my 1st Blog Award – Yeah!

When you can’t decide, pick BOTH – right?! So yesterday you all know I was debating between Thai and Sushi. Honestly they both sounded amazing so today, we picked sushi!!! I know, bad me, I had an Amazing Greens Shake planned for lunch along with spinning. However, the mention of some fantastic Sushi Mambo sushi made me quickly forget what I brought :) I have to admit I was pretty excited since I can actually TASTE things this week – yeah!

We started off with Miso Soup! I seriously LOVE miso and could probably eat it every day – maybe….

IMG_8326

Next up was my Disappointing Roll! It sounded so good on the menu ~ Spicy Trio with Spicy Tuna, Spicy Salmon and Spicy Hamachi….plus we added Avocado and Cucumber. I am not a fan of rolls with the seaweed on the outside – it’s chewy and stinking that way.

IMG_8327

I have to admit the middle was amazing though – LOVED the spice and tiny bit of avocado and cucumber you can’t see. She did say next time we could request to have the role reversed – I highly recommend that!

IMG_8328

Next up was the High Roller! I LOVE the layers of fresh Tuna and Salmon with the spicy sauce.

IMG_8329

Perfectly cut and separated in to two fantastic sections. If this roll had AVOCADO it would be over the top amazing…..hmmmm, note to self for next time.

IMG_8330

We also shared a “Volcano”Tuna, Hamachi, and Salmon, over Rice, broiled with a Zesty Sauce with a drizzle of Hriyachi Hot Sauce for lava! - Isn’t the plate they serve it on so cool?!

IMG_8331

To cap off our eating extravaganza, we stopped at Starbuck’s and I got a nonfat decaf iced latte with caramel drizzle on top – YUM! (umm, I forgot to take a picture though).

This morning I snacked on a super sweet white nectarine with a lowfat Sargento Colby Cheese.

IMG_8324

I had originally planned on having some of these new to me Pumpernickel Pretzel Sticks from TJ’s but then I read that they are made with Rye ~ Bleh! I gave them away to my co-workers.

IMG_8322 IMG_8323

And pulled out a few TJ’s Cinnamon Cats instead.

IMG_8325

COOL BLOG STUFF!!!

* You all know I LOVE Farmer’s Markets! Thanks to C.G. Foodie, I now have a fantastic Farmer’s Market Widget. Simply look to the right of this post, enter your zip code and hit enter. A listing plus map of ALL the local farmer’s markets near you will appear – how cool is that?! Support your local farmers!

* While I was on vacation I received my VERY first EVER Blog Award! Thanks C.G. Foodie ~ I am so excited to be a “Hard Working Food Blogger”!!!!

I want to share my award with some others too so I am passing this award along to these awesome food bloggers!

* Meals & Moves

* Veggie Terrain

* Trim The Fat

* Savory Sweet Life

* The Broccoli Hut

I am slowly making my way through my reader! I had over 600 reads and I am now down to just over 200….Plus, I am catching up on comments, an interview and 2 giveaways too – phew! I think I should be good to go by the weekend….maybe LOL.

Tonight I am getting my hair done ~ Yeah! I LOVE my bonding/chatting/beautifying sessions with my fantastic hair dresser! I will probably pick up some dinner along the way along with a Starbuck’s (since I always bring her one). I promise to get back to real cooking soon before you all disown me :)

See you all later tonight or in the morning!

8 comments:

  1. aw congrats on the award girlie - it is well deserved :)! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone - I am all too excited to get the award - yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww so fun to receive awards and know that someone really enjoys what you are posting, which I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh! yay! i love you and your blog. and a special thanks for the award! dang, sushi.. gets me every time!! those bites look baaangin. i need some sushi soon. it's been a month! crap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RuntoFinish ~ Awww - thanks, I am glad you enjoy my posts!

    Janetha ~ Thanks for the sweet comment! A whole month without sushi - you NEED to go!!! How did you survive so long without it?!

    ReplyDelete