Friday, July 10, 2009

Lemon Meringue Pie Greek Yogurt

Happy Friday all!  I am super glad the weekend is almost here.  Last night’s dinner was pretty uneventful and I didn’t take a picture ~ 2 kashi blueberry waffles and a Sargento Low-Fat Colby Cheese.  I woke up this morning STARVING and ready to dig into the fantastic breakfast I had planned.

Lemon Meringue Pie Greek Yogurt

 IMG_8815

1 c Trader Joe’s 0% Greek Yogurt

1 tsp Trader Joe’s Lemon Curd, 1/2 stirred in, 1/2 swirled on the top

1 Tbsp Kashi Honey Flax Go Lean Crunch

4 Weight Watcher Points and totally AMAZING!!!!  I honestly pondered licking the bowl :D

Here is a little bit about the products I used.  For those wondering the “thickness” of the TJ’s Yogurt ~ Check it out – it’s as thick as sour cream if not thicker.

IMG_8811

I LOVE their lemon curd – a little goes a LONG way and it tastes just like the pie filling in lemon pie.  Sweet, tangy and a little buttery.

 IMG_8809IMG_8810

It’s really thick and creamy….if you are a lemon person, you will LOVE this.

IMG_8812 

A little stirred in and a little swirled…

IMG_8813

Topped with some crunchiness……

IMG_8815

I also had a 1 Weight Watcher Point toasted Apple Berry Vitatop.

IMG_8807 IMG_8808

All toasty and extra crunchy ~ I LOVED this and all the fruitiness – berries & apples – YUM!.  It was  great by itself.

IMG_8816

But, even better when topped with some Lemon Meringue Pie Greek Yogurt.

IMG_8818 

All together with my “running bunny” Morning Burst!  I am hoping that bunny rubs off on me through osmosis LOL.

IMG_8817

It was a fantastic way to start my Friday!  I will definitely make up for no fruit in my breakfast at snack time since it’s Farmer’s Market Friday ~ Yeah!!!

TODAY’S FUN STUFF:

* Emily is having a 1 QUART of Coconut Oil Giveaway ~ Click HERE to enter.

* The FoodAddicts are hosting a July Gift Package Giveaway from Old Bay.  Click HERE.

* Help Zesty out with today’s post ~ he is having a challenge with one of his friends that he can get 100 comments on his morning post ~ click HERE and leave a comment for him.

* And I know it’s a little early to be talking about Saturday, but, on 07/11 ~ 7-11 is giving away brain freezes by giving each customer a FREE Slurpy to celebrate the day!  Click HERE to check it out.

Today’s agenda includes either walking, spinning or yoga, but, I AM doing one of them!  I am having a no more funk Friday!

See you all later today!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my oh my oh my... as usual... DROOL! I can't wait to be near a Trader Joe's when I move to Cali! Lemon curd sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemon curd.... and Trader Joe's... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm i forgot how much i loved lemon curd! i'm copying you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lemon meringue yogurt looks so yummy! I'll have to look for that TJ's lemon curd. I love that AppleBerry vita, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT idea for the lemon curd! I love lemon curd, but short of baking with it, I can never figure out what to use it in. Will be trying this out asap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess ~ You are totally going to fall in love with TJ's - they have so much cheap and amazing stuff.

    C.G. ~ I totally agree with you!

    The Actor's Diet ~ Awww - Glad I could give you an idea. Let me know what you think.

    Jenny ~ this might just be a fun sub for your banana.

    Anne ~ The lemon curd would be awesome in your parfaits from a change in pumpkin.

    ManoloMandi ~ I LOVE using things like lemon curd and jams to flavor yogurt - a little goes a long way and it's much healthier than the pre-sweetened versions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've lived near a Trader joes for about 20 years. It is truely a special place. I believe just shopping there will increase ones life expectancy.

    ReplyDelete