Thursday, July 9, 2009

Crunchy Mango Macadamia Parfait

Breakfast this morning ROCKED! I use to never like Mangos at all, however, since doing the Bikini Bootcamp Challenge, I have really developed a taste for them. I really do think it is true that if you “taste” something 12 times, you eventually begin to like it.

This morning I made up a Crunchy Tropical Mango Macadamia Parfait.

IMG_8781

1 Mango, chopped

1/2 c TJ’s 0% Plain Greek Yogurt

Sprinkle of Kashi Honey Almond Flax Crunch

1 tsp Artisana Raw Macadamia Nut Butter

Drizzle of Sweet Cactus Organic Dark Agave Syrup

SO AMAZING!!! The Mango was super juicy so it added a boost in sweetness to this already fantastic parfait. I LOVED the chunkiness of the raw macadamia nut butter – super rich, creamy with a little crunch.

IMG_8780

And I brought back my Morning Burst ~ Hot Lemon Water!

IMG_8779

My entire breakfast was only 4 Weight Watcher Points!!! Nom, Nom, Nom….it had everything to power up my day and keep me full (fiberful fruit & cereal, healthy fat and protein). I LOVE that I get to check off TWO fruits and a dairy too – woohoo!

I DID learn a lesson about Mangos though….Yellow mangos are bad – sour! But, GREEN/Red Normal Variety Mangos are good.

Women’s Health had a funny article this morning about the top 10 Swim Suit Horror stories for women. Click HERE to check it out!

Today I am making myself get out of my exercise funk and heading to the gym or for a walk. They have Body Pump at lunch which I LOVE so I am sure I’ll pick that! I will fake it til I make it, but, I know I always feel AMAZING after I workout. I just need to remember that so I can get back in my groove.

I updated the stats on last nights recipe with the Weight Watcher Points for you all - you can check it out now, by clicking HERE.

Have a fantastic day all! See you all later today!

12 comments:

  1. Yumm....that sounds really good! I, too, never liked mangoes, but then I made a mango salsa and have been hooked since then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love mangoes! that parfait looks so tropically delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your parfait looks amazing!! I love mangoes in anything (almost!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That parfait looks incredible! So yummy. I love mangoes! Enjoy your workout :)
    <3 jess

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a mango-a-holic! Yum on the parfait.

    There is something about the morning burst that makes you just feel good. I need to get back in that habit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your breakfast looks absolutely unbelievable!

    I'm the same way with mangoes, by the way... I can handle them in a smoothie, but I haven't gotten to the point where I enjoy them on their own yet. In fact, I actually hate most "tropical" fruits. (Shame on me, I know!)

    I guess I'll just have to give plain mango 12 more tries and see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty breakie :) you are workin' those parfaits lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Theangrydieter ~ MMMM, mango salsa is so good!

    Janetha ~ It was totally tropically delicious! :D

    Emily ~ Thanks, I need to check out all the ways you use them for sure :)

    Jess ~ I LOVE parfaits in the morning - they make me feel so healthy.

    C.G. ~ That is so funny that you say that about the morning burst - it is exactly what I was thinking when I made it - I LOVE it!

    jd ~ You know what - I am with you - I have NEVER been a tropical fruit person at all - only pineapple pretty much. But I had to eat so many tropical things on the BBC and in different ways, I think they grew on me. I used to think Mangos tasted like trees :D LOL....It does help having really sweet, ripe mangoes. Keep trying :D LOL....they are awesome in smoothies.

    Jenny ~ Thanks girlie - I try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your breakfast looks so decedant and delicious. Wow, I think I just drooled on my key board a little. ;)

    Take care hun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmm that looks AMAZING! What a perfect parfait :D I love it when mangoes are just the right ripeness--they're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm mango and macadamia go SO well together--I had them in my "M" bowl of oats for my alphabet oats challenge. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lauren ~ You're funny - It really was like having dessert.

    Anne ~ I really think that is key - when they are perfectly ripe and not a different variety.

    Caroline ~ Fun - I need to check out your oats!

    ReplyDelete