Saturday, July 4, 2009

More BBQ fun…..

We had a great time at our friends BBQ.  I have to say although I am completely allergic to pretty much all animals their new puppy is pretty darn cute. 

I LOVE the freckles on her belly and she is sooooo little!

IMG_8471

IMG_8474

This was the only time she sat still enough for me to get a good picture of her.

IMG_8501

The eats were fantastic.  We tried two of Sweet Ray’s BBQ sauces of chicken ~ Original & Chipolte Raspberry.  I think I liked original best only because the other I thought would be smoky and spicy, it was just sweet.. He used his “secret” Food Network technique of cooking them for an hour in tin pans on the BBQ.  I LOVE this concept that they never burn and it stays really moist.  I should try it!

IMG_8493

Plus 3 types of salad and fantastic corn~ My healthy pasta and potato salads plus their old fashioned macaroni salad.  I LOVED the macaroni salad and haven’t had it since I was a kid.  I think it was awesome because it wasn’t all super saucy/mayo like.

 IMG_8496IMG_8497 IMG_8495 IMG_8494

All together I completely loaded up my plate. I was hungry, can you tell?  I should have had an afternoon snack but I was busy all afternoon.

IMG_8491

She made Hershey’s on top Brownies.  Have you all ever had these? OMG – I think I could have eaten the entire plate – so chewy, but, crunchy and chocolately good!

IMG_8499

I let their daughter who is absolutely adorable and calls me her aunt talk me into playing “Super Ball” with her and her two twin friends.  I learned that you pretty much “bean” each other with those little bouncy balls from across the street – ha!  Well, I guess you are supposed to catch them vs getting hit, but……It was fun.  Then, we also ran around and played hide and seek.  Where do kids get their energy – after all that they were still like let’s play more.  :)  Good times!

Coming up next, my Homemade Vanilla Bean Frozen Yogurt recipe ~ it’s so easy I am sure you will all make it!

Click HERE to enter my Amazing Grass Giveaway – you can win a HUGE Best of Both Worlds sample pack!

6 comments:

  1. That's the kind of puppers I have!! Oh my gosh - she's adorable, I want her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that puppy is way too cute. That bbq cooking method sounds really good, I hate when the chicken gets a hot spot and ends up charred.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K ~ Awww - your puppy is a doll then I am sure!

    Danielle ~ She is the cutest puppy. So he said you just take a tin pan (disposable), add your chicken, brush with a little sauce and cook it for an hour on 400 - medium heat. Drain off any juice or what not, top with BBQ sauce and cook a few more minutes. Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE CUTE CUTE! God I want to hang out with a puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, what a cutie! I've always wanted a Boston terrier (especially after seeing K's dogs!). Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Actors diet ~ She was a fun pup to hang out with, but, she has sooo much energy. I don't know if I could do it full time :)

    Broccoli ~ I agree - Boston Terriers are super cute. Happy 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete