Sunday, May 3, 2009

Grilled Chicken Fajitas ~ Cinco de Mayo Take 2

If the Fish Tacos I made the other night were not your thing (b/c it's FISH), then, I guarantee this is the recipe you will want to make for Cinco De Mayo. I LOVE that you do everything on the grill (no pans to wash!) and it's perfect for a hot summer day when you do not want to heat up the house.

GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITAS

Photobucket

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Veggie Terrain's Taco Seasoning and use it anytime I need a meal with Taco Seasoning. (Her Crunchy Chic Pea Tacos rock too - I made them during the Vegan/Gluten Free Challenge - take a peak by clicking HERE). I highly recommend making some up and keeping it on hand - it is better than any package mix you can ever buy.

You start off by rubbing 2 chicken breasts with this fabulous taco seasoning.

Photobucket

And place them on the grill:

Photobucket

Slice up 3 bell peppers (I used green, yellow & orange) and one onion. Drizzle with Olive Oil - I used Consorzio's Garlic Olive Oil (so good!). Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the taco seasoning above on your veggies and toss to coat. Pour them in your your prepared with nonstick spray grill basket. I LOVE the one my sis got me from Pampered Chef.

Photobucket

While your veggies and chicken are grilling, prep your toppings. I finely grated up some lowfat monterey jack cheese.

Photobucket

Sliced a few black olives in half ~ The Husbands favorite addition.

Photobucket

I also made up a quick avocado/tomato type salsa. I sliced up a handful of cherry tomatoes with 1/2 an avocado, 2 Tbsp cilantro and drizzled it with the juice of half a lime. You can season with sea salt and pepper if desired.

Photobucket

Pull your chicken and veggies off the grill and let them rest for a few minutes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Spray your tortillas with a little nonstick cooking spray and place them on the grill for about 20 seconds on each side or until lightly browned.

Photobucket

Look how cool they look with the grill lines and they cook so much faster than on the stove.

Photobucket

Next, slice your chicken and add it to your grilled veggies.

Photobucket

Next ~ assemble your grillicious chicken fajitas. You can add your favorite salsas or hot sauce to spice things up. I used Trader Joe's Tomato-Less Corn Salsa - I LOVE this stuff - it's spicy sweet with a little crunch from the peppers and corn.

Photobucket

I had two fully stuffed to the max with everything I could fit in there. These smelled so amazing cooking and they taste even better.

Photobucket

Did I mention this is the first time I've ever made fajitas on the grill? It was fun and I will defintiely do it again!

I have an exciting announcement for you all tomorrow (a giveaway!!!) so stay tuned for more details...I know this is the one contest you all have been waiting for!

I am off to read my new magazines that I got yesterday and relax. Hope you all had as good of a weekend as I did!

2 comments:

  1. note to self: get a grill basket. your food always looks so beautiful and delicious!! i am making your pesto tonight :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janetha ~ I LOVE my grill basket - it's awesome for making shrimp and veggies. You never have to worry about them falling through the grill. The added bonus is no skewer is needed. I can't wait to hear how the pesto turns out! Off to check that out now. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete